Windows 10: I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found?

Discus and support I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem, namely I cannot delete a file or move it to the recycle bin. When I click on delete, it says Element was not found. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OG187133, Jun 13, 2020.

1. OG187133 Win User

I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found?

Hello, I have a problem, namely I cannot delete a file or move it to the recycle bin. When I click on delete, it says

Element was not found. The element is no longer in D. Check the location of the element and repeat the procedure.

I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? 0_big.png

I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? 1_big.png

It's annoying that I can't delete it and it's been bothering me for a while. I hope you can help me. MfG

:)

OG187133, Jun 13, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. I can not get a file deleted? Item was not found? - Similar Threads - file deleted Item

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to delete icon ~ item not found message

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to delete icon ~ item not found message: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on a Dell XPS 8700 desktop computer. The computer is running Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). I was downloading a .pdf file using the Free Download Manager program yesterday and when it was completed there was an icon on my...
  6. How to delete file/shortcut that can not be found?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete file/shortcut that can not be found?: Hello I'm in some slight need of help. Recently purchased a new Logitech mouse and I had to download G HUB to be able to fine tune it. I seem to be having a brain malfunction because i pinned the Logitech G HUB shortcut to the taskbar on the bottom of my screen with all of my...
  7. Item Not Found

Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder. However every time I try to delete it I always get this pop-up: [ATTACH] I receive the same message when trying to move it. How can I get rid of this folder? Thanks for any help....
  8. Item no longer can be found.

Item no longer can be found.: I have tried to delete these out of my folder, as well as tried to change the name. I have also placed the images back in the folder and tried to delete them all and still get the same message. I have tried to delete them in safe mode. I have run several virus scans and...
  9. livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    livessp.dll file not found, can I delete it from startup?: I ran Autoruns of my Desktop and it shows livessp.dll in yellow as a missing file. My research shows that it is part of microsoft's Live Security Package. That sounds important, but Autoruns on my Notebook doesn't show any reference to it at all (so how important can it...
  10. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....