Windows 10: I can not get Edge to see my Firefox

Discus and support I can not get Edge to see my Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can not get Edge to see my Firefox when i go add favorites from other browser all i can see is import from internet explorer, I have a problem with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geordie17, Aug 7, 2015.

1. geordie17 Win User

I can not get Edge to see my Firefox

I can not get Edge to see my Firefox when i go add favorites from other browser all i can see is import from internet explorer, I have a problem with Firefox in WIn10 when browsing it will stop and after it feels better starts to work again.Driving me mad *Mad

:)

geordie17, Aug 7, 2015
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, Aug 7, 2015
  3. jlclaveau Win User
    Cannot change my default browser,

it is lock on Edge. The only choice I see when I click on it is Edge and Microsoft Store. I have Internet Explorer installee, FireFox and Google Chrome. No where can I see those program in the Default Apps. If I open FireFox with a Shorcut, I go in Option
    and I select Make Firefox my default app, It open the default page app the Microsoft and with Edge as my default browser and I cannot change it as there is no other program listed.

[Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10]

jlclaveau, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    The easiest way around this I can see would be ot export the HTML from Firefox then import it into IE. Open Edge and then import the info from IE. I haven't looked at Edge at all yet.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I can not get Edge to see my Firefox - Similar Threads - Edge Firefox

2. Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal: The latest version of Firefox, 69.0.1, takes many minutes to start. Some websites will run on it, but facebook doesn't. In fact, windows 10 "locks up" if I try to run Firefox. I can't even open the Task Manager to stop the Firefox session or try to reboot the pc. I can't be...
  3. Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues

Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues: The problem: Browsers are inconsistently working- various websites will sometimes open while other times will indicate error such as not secure, website not responding, load half-way, or simply continue loading without success. Also, when I click on link for a new tab same...
  4. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  5. Latest Win10 update has blocked Firefox as default browser, locked Edg

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Win10 update has blocked Firefox as default browser, locked Edg: The morning of May 25th 2019 Pacific Time Microsoft locked in MS Edge as a default browser in Windows 10 on my computer. My system shows 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4494441) successfully installed on 5/23/2019 (yet...
  6. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...
  7. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...
  8. I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?: This update must have been done fairly recently. All if a sudden (a few weeks ago), I've had to change my DEFAULT BROWSER to Firefox with every document I've opened. I opened one of the documents today (IT opened with the EDGE BROWSER). Then I tried to re-open it AFTER...
  9. Fix: white or blank unclickable top of page of browser (firefox, edge, explorer, chrome)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix: white or blank unclickable top of page of browser (firefox, edge, explorer, chrome): (As only found on Microsoft help short work around as press F11 been using for months now!) Hello everyone, first time posting here but since this problem was a big deal in my workplace, i wanted to share with you this fix that i've found on reddit. I've been looking for a...
  10. I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox

I cant access one of my Hotmail Accounts in MS Edge but I can access it in Firefox: I'm trying to log into hotmail using MS Edge for the purpose of enabling spell check (I understand that you must use Edge to enable this feature). My password on that Hotmail Account is populated automatically (remeber me) with access via FireFox, but it is not visible...