Windows 10: I can not get Edge to see my Firefox

Discus and support I can not get Edge to see my Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can not get Edge to see my Firefox when i go add favorites from other browser all i can see is import from internet explorer, I have a problem with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geordie17, Aug 7, 2015.

1. geordie17 Win User

I can not get Edge to see my Firefox

I can not get Edge to see my Firefox when i go add favorites from other browser all i can see is import from internet explorer, I have a problem with Firefox in WIn10 when browsing it will stop and after it feels better starts to work again.Driving me mad *Mad

:)

geordie17, Aug 7, 2015
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, Aug 7, 2015
  3. jlclaveau Win User
    Cannot change my default browser,

it is lock on Edge. The only choice I see when I click on it is Edge and Microsoft Store. I have Internet Explorer installee, FireFox and Google Chrome. No where can I see those program in the Default Apps. If I open FireFox with a Shorcut, I go in Option
    and I select Make Firefox my default app, It open the default page app the Microsoft and with Edge as my default browser and I cannot change it as there is no other program listed.

[Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10]

jlclaveau, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    The easiest way around this I can see would be ot export the HTML from Firefox then import it into IE. Open Edge and then import the info from IE. I haven't looked at Edge at all yet.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I can not get Edge to see my Firefox - Similar Threads - Edge Firefox

2. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar: Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to open it and start typing what I want to search, but it is not working like this anymore, when I open the new tab, it won't come...
  3. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages: I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959), i7 processor, 8GB RAM. Whether I use Chrome, Firefox or Edge, they are intermittently insanely slow, pages won't load, gmail says something is wrong. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, cleared the...
  4. Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?: I've tried edge deflector and that doesn't work. I use duckduckgo for my search engine on FireFox if that means anything submitted by /u/AndreSun06 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkcsxt/is_there_away_to_use_firefox_instead_of_edge_for/
  5. Edge of Firefox window slightly showing on second monitor, been trying to fix for months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge of Firefox window slightly showing on second monitor, been trying to fix for months: This is kind of a weird issue to describe but the very edge of my Firefox window extends onto my second monitor. It's a single thin white line but it's very annoying nonetheless. Here's an image showing the transition between both screens and the white line:...
  6. Edge is catching Firefox User's eye

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is catching Firefox User's eye: Just offering some feedback to y'all about Edge vs. Firefox Quantum. I have a Lenovo Flex 14 that committed 2GBs of 8GBs of RAM to a GPU. This model didn't exist long and get replaced by a 12GB model so that you didn't have to be me with only 6. Luckily that laptop isn't my...
  7. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge: Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to...
  8. Importing firefox data to new Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing firefox data to new Edge: I have installed new Edge successfully. It displayed the import from Firefox window. I thought that was it but when I went back to Edge nothing of bookmarks or history or anything else were there. Went to settings and 'import browser data' only IE and bookmarks html are...
  9. How to change Profile name and Image in Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Profile name and Image in Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox: [ATTACH]When you launch a browser, it creates a sort-of-account. It doesn’t matter if you sign-in with your Google account or Microsoft account, you will see […] This article How to change Profile name and Image in Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox first appeared on...
  10. Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10: Since a Windows 10 Update during December 2019, several applications do not open in Edge although they do still work in Google Chrome. I have a client who has expressed the following concern " I started to encounter problems logging in my alumni mail box. The UNSW IT...