Windows 10: I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top

Discus and support I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get my task bar/tool bar to reappear at the side of my desk top..it has completely disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaKorth, Sep 29, 2018.

1. I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top

How do I get my task bar/tool bar to reappear at the side of my desk top..it has completely disappeared

:)

PaulaKorth, Sep 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 task bar and desk top

What are you seeing on screen at the moment? Eudora - appears to work normally

You could try powering off the computer manually, wait 10 minutes, then start it again.Done. Slow opening. Desk top appeared briefly.

Is this a laptop or computer? Laptop Pavilion dv7

Were you able to see the Sign in screen then log in? Yes

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc The list of tasks appeared in small print top left.

Click File > Run new task Can't find "File"

Type: explorer.exe presumably need "File"

Hit Enter

Your help is appreciated and obviously needed.
    Art Campbell

ArtCampbell, Sep 29, 2018
  3. gwalks Win User
    How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

I want to pin a shortcut for certain apps to my desk top, but it only allows me to pin it to my Windows 10 start menu, or to the task bar. How can I pin it to the desk top?

gwalks, Sep 29, 2018
  4. I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top

1. I can not get my task bar to appear on the side of my desk top - Similar Threads - task bar appear

2. my task bar doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my task bar doesnt appear: i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-doesnt-appear/8a82ccb3-6b1d-4f54-9a12-3e843e0e741e
  3. my task bar doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my task bar doesnt appear: i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-doesnt-appear/8a82ccb3-6b1d-4f54-9a12-3e843e0e741e
  4. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  5. somehow I changed the task bar from the top to the side of my screen. How do I get it to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    somehow I changed the task bar from the top to the side of my screen. How do I get it to...: Somehow I changed my task bar ? from the top of my screen to on the left side. I've done this before years ago but don't remember how I fixed it. Pls help...
  6. How to stack icons on the task bar side by side or on top of each other?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stack icons on the task bar side by side or on top of each other?: <p>On win10 I have my taskbar on the right side of the screen.</p><p>I want to stack the icons side-by-side to each other to maximize the space of the taskbar! Otherwise I waste a lot of space as in the pic below see the red boxes which should have been filled with icons...
  7. my viewing desk top is closeing in the sides are black

my viewing desk top is closeing in the sides are black: my desk top sides are closed in cant see whole screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-viewing-desk-top-is-closeing-in-the-sides-are/57055bd3-eadf-4f91-a11d-f44b8ad9ea14
  8. desk top tool bars

desk top tool bars: the top bar on my desk top now has a black background with white lettering. Previously it was white light colored with dark print. How do I return that setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-tool-bars/5dfb55df-9edf-4621-b30e-bc1843f795dc
  9. MY WINDOWS ICON AND TASK BAR WONT OPEN ON MY DESK TOP PC

MY WINDOWS ICON AND TASK BAR WONT OPEN ON MY DESK TOP PC: MY WINDOWS ICON AND EVERYTHING ON MY TASK BAR WONT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-icon-and-task-bar-wont-open-on-my-desk/11aff814-f58d-4217-ba4b-7f413523e4b2
  10. Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week.

Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week.: Last week all my desk top icons and task bar disappeared. After much searching I finally got the task bar back but have no ideas on how to get my desk top with all the icons back. Cannot even find the recycle bin now. Also lots of weird things happening with browser windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore tool bar to desk top windows 10