Windows 10: I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...

Discus and support I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello: Is anyone actually using the Windows 10 Photos App? I really want it to work but it is so problematic it is making me want to switch back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mniii, Nov 11, 2019.

1. mniii Win User

I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...

Hello:

Is anyone actually using the Windows 10 Photos App? I really want it to work but it is so problematic it is making me want to switch back to Apple Mac.

I have tried using this application on 3 different laptops, 2 Dell and 1 Lenovo and they all behave the same in regards to the Photos App. The App can not consistently see my iPhone when plugged in and when it does see my iPhone, the application crashes or locks up trying to import photos.

Also, I have a Synology NAS setup and can browse and see pictures on my NAS from windows file explorer but the Photos App can not see the Photos, even after I have added the specific NAS folder(s).

Can anyone point me to a good repository of help on this app?

Thanks,

mniii

:)

mniii, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Photo import not working correctly

Thank you for posting back.

If you are importing photos from your iPhone using the Photo app in Windows 10. We suggest running the Windows app troubleshooter to correct its behavior. You can run the troubleshooter from this
    link.

Resetting the app can also help fix this issue. Here's how.

• Open Settings from the Start menu and select
      Apps.
    • Select Photos from the list of applications, and select
      Advanced options
    • Select Reset.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Nov 11, 2019
  4. I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...

cant import photos from iphone

i would like to import my photos in my phone to my computer. However I got the error message that no device is found. I am using an original iphone & iphone wire.

I followed the steps correctly - go to start, click photos app follow by "import". But it didnt work.

DaphneHoong, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...

1. I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and... - Similar Threads - Photos App correctly

2. I can't import photos from my iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't import photos from my iphone.: It says we sent your device a notification to connect please accept it to give microsoft photos access to load your photos but i have not received any notification on my iphone.the new microsoft photos is very annoying because it used to be so easy to import photos from my...
  3. I can't import photos from my iphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't import photos from my iphone.: It says we sent your device a notification to connect please accept it to give microsoft photos access to load your photos but i have not received any notification on my iphone.the new microsoft photos is very annoying because it used to be so easy to import photos from my...
  4. I can't import photos from my iphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "No photos or videos to import" Can't upload iPhone images to computer

"No photos or videos to import" Can't upload iPhone images to computer: Why is this so difficult :[ I simply want to connect my iPhone to my computer via USB and see the new pictures I have taken. I am an eBay seller and and I need to be able to do this why is my brand new Windows 10 PC telling me "No photos or vidoes to import" We couldn't...
  6. Photo app imports for iphone 11

Photo app imports for iphone 11: When I import photos from my iphone to my surface book using the phot app I typically use the "import since last" setting. However, I currently have about 100 photos that the app does not recognize as previously imported, although I have confirmed in folders on my Surface...
  7. Importing Images to Photos App

Importing Images to Photos App: Winver: 1909 (18363.1256) I am new to Win 10. I want to import an image from the desktop into the Photos app to edit it, but can't figure out how to do so. 171083
  8. Import iPhone photos not working

Import iPhone photos not working: The Photos app on my PC keeps saying Try Again when I click the photos from my iPhone I want to import.The iPhone is attached via Usb. I need help troubleshooting this issue....
  9. Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Windows 10. I updated iTunes, updated my iPhone, have tried multiple cords, all of the ports on the laptop, restarted my iPhone, restarted the computer. I have finally got it to begin the process of importing them but it stops...
  10. Import IPhone photos

Import IPhone photos: Photo app will not import photos from my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-iphone-photos/b6bdda57-75d5-4fa4-86dc-f9bd39c200d9