Windows 10: I can not hear some games

Discus and support I can not hear some games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I opened my pc once and opened a game and I could not hear anything. I restarted it several times and it still did not worked I even switched headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William95934, May 3, 2020.

1. I can not hear some games

I opened my pc once and opened a game and I could not hear anything. I restarted it several times and it still did not worked I even switched headset and I could not hear the game. I checked every thing in the sound option of the game and since then other game started to do the same. I installed a game today and this one dose not work to. plz help!

:)

William95934, May 3, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 3, 2020
  3. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 3, 2020
  4. I can not hear some games

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 3, 2020
Thema:

I can not hear some games

1. I can not hear some games - Similar Threads - hear games

2. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc: Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to...
  3. screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen turns black while in game. can only hear the game audio and have to reset my pc: Hello, i recently moved and drained my liquid cooled PC prior to moving. I decided to reset my computer in my new home and have since had problems. The screen on my pc while gaming randomly went black, and theres a red dot on the GPU flashing. I have to reset the computer to...
  4. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio: started about a week ago, where the screen will go black whilst gaming at random interavals but i can still hear audio. sometimes itll restart on its own and sometimes i will have to restart the computer from the on/off button. i have monitored CPU and GPU temps, GPU core...
  5. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio: started about a week ago, where the screen will go black whilst gaming at random interavals but i can still hear audio. sometimes itll restart on its own and sometimes i will have to restart the computer from the on/off button. i have monitored CPU and GPU temps, GPU core...
  6. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

7. Computer Freezes While playing online games but I can still hear it play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes While playing online games but I can still hear it play: As the title says I am having an issue where the PC just for some reason will freeze up after a time in games. I had this issue a while back and tried a full system reset which fixed it for a time but now it is back. Right now it is only effecting when I try to play Starcraft...
  8. Computer Freezes While playing online games but I can still hear it play

Computer Freezes While playing online games but I can still hear it play: As the title says I am having an issue where the PC just for some reason will freeze up after a time in games. I had this issue a while back and tried a full system reset which fixed it for a time but now it is back. Right now it is only effecting when I try to play Starcraft...
  9. Computer Freezes While playing online games but I can still hear it play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. During gaming, screen will just go black, can hear everything going on in background, but...

During gaming, screen will just go black, can hear everything going on in background, but...: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 8/8/2023 7:21:34 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CHBM65D Description: Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere, type 0 Event Name:...