Windows 10: I can not install any program or app due to access restrictions

Discus and support I can not install any program or app due to access restrictions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have admin rights on my computer. A while ago I allowed my friend to work on my PC and made an account for him but restricted his rights so that he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrashanW, Apr 16, 2020.

1. PrashanW Win User

I can not install any program or app due to access restrictions

I have admin rights on my computer. A while ago I allowed my friend to work on my PC and made an account for him but restricted his rights so that he didn’t delete some important information. Now I want to delete his account. But when I press Delete, I get ‘Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path or File. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item'. I tried to change the account type but got the same error.I cannot even get into the Task manager getting the same error.
    By the way, I have access to the files and folders. This issue occurs just with apps and programs

:)

PrashanW, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Restrict access to Windows programs name?

Hi!

A year ago i had to set up an public internet PC and i installed a program from Microsoft but now that i have to install another public PC i have forgotten the programs name.. any idea which program from Microsoft restricts unnessasary access to Windows?

Lauri

Laurijan, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Sue_584 Win User

Restrict access to a program

trying to restrict access not time limit and only access for them on this program

Sue_584, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. I can not install any program or app due to access restrictions - Similar Threads - install program app

2. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  3. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  4. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cant install any program due to the following error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any program due to the following error.: error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.CRT,version="9.0.30729.4148",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"....
  6. I cant install any program due to the following error.

I cant install any program due to the following error.: error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.CRT,version="9.0.30729.4148",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"....
  7. i have no access to install any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have no access to install any app: hi I made my account to standard instead of administrator then I have no access do make it back to administrator again and I cant open or install anything need access should I install new windows ? or there's a solution for this problem...
  8. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  9. Can't install or run any programs due to administrator restrictions on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install or run any programs due to administrator restrictions on my windows 10 laptop: I am Admin still not able to download or delete apps from my DELL inspiron laptop...please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-run-any-programs-due-to/37d72d6b-ddec-4883-b447-c2f0cb3d034c
  10. Error. I can not access any apps

Error. I can not access any apps: Error. I can not access any apps Hello, by over 2 weeks I am having serious troubles with my Windows. Since last update I can not longer use any of my apps including Movie Maker, PhotoScape, DropBox also I can not use any of Office 365 programs ( this is very frustrating...