Windows 10: I can not log into my desktop

Discus and support I can not log into my desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can log into my live account on the internet, but anytime i try to log into my desktop with the same account attached to it i get an error message... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TravisPrescott, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I can not log into my desktop

I can log into my live account on the internet, but anytime i try to log into my desktop with the same account attached to it i get an error message that says “We can’t sign into your account.” Afterward it directs me to a guest user that has no access to my files. I tried using the IM chat service on Window’s site but they told me to restart my computer. I asked if they could give me all the directions before i did so as i would lose my connection and they sent me an email on how to create a new profile. I do mot know what to do next. Can anyone help me.

:)

TravisPrescott, Nov 12, 2019

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2019
  4. I can not log into my desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

I can not log into my desktop

1. I can not log into my desktop - Similar Threads - log desktop

2. After logging out of my onedrive all my desktop icons dissappeared - what should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    After logging out of my onedrive all my desktop icons dissappeared - what should i do?: I was concerned that all of my apps icons and downloads were being saved into my onedrive so i tried moving them to my main pc memory, after that i logged out of my onedrive on my PC and all of the icons dissappeared. The apps still work but they now no longer exist on my...
  3. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.: Onedrive stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I get this error message . Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-onedrive-for-windows-10-desktop/91ea5018-ea7a-469c-bf62-4b825aad98c1
  4. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.: Onedrive stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I get this error message . Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-into-onedrive-for-windows-10-desktop/91ea5018-ea7a-469c-bf62-4b825aad98c1
  5. I can't log into onedrive for windows 10 desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  7. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  8. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to I log in to desktop computer without knowing the password or doing a reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I log in to desktop computer without knowing the password or doing a reset?: Hi there! My brother passed away unexpectedly last year and I inherited his desktop computer. I am trying to figure out how to log in to it because I don't know the password or pin. I dont want to do a hard reset and lose his data in case we're able to access it in the...
  10. How to I log in to desktop computer without knowing the password or doing a reset?

How to I log in to desktop computer without knowing the password or doing a reset?: Hi there! My brother passed away unexpectedly last year and I inherited his desktop computer. I am trying to figure out how to log in to it because I don't know the password or pin. I dont want to do a hard reset and lose his data in case we're able to access it in the...