Windows 10: I can not log into my user account profile

Discus and support I can not log into my user account profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AyoubOR, Apr 22, 2024.

1. AyoubOR Win User

I can not log into my user account profile

I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other one the standard, then I discovered that I can't even add an other user account, I tried rebooting the computer but it didn't work even though my account does appear on the control panel, there for it does exist on the laptop and it is not deleted.Please HELP

:)

AyoubOR, Apr 22, 2024

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 22, 2024
  3. carlahill Win User
    unable to log onto user profile

I don't get any error messages just either welcome or logging off. I went through the process above but unfortunately it hasn't helped. I have also tried deleting the account then setting it up again, I got a bit further, this time I got to the user profiles
    home page but after about 30 sec logged me off and back to profile list. Any other suggestions?

regards

carlahill, Apr 22, 2024
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

1. I can not log into my user account profile - Similar Threads - log user account

2. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  3. How can i reset my user profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i reset my user profiles?: I have changed the name of my user folder and now it is causing problems as programs are installed in a different directory and the program files are saved in some other directory.HOW do i fix it and Is there a way to reset windows which will clear all the the user profiles...
  4. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.: I deleted the Ethernet driver on accident and could not redownload it, I decided to reinstall windows. After downloading windows i tried to log in it's says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded. Ive been locked out for days, tried making...
  5. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.: I deleted the Ethernet driver on accident and could not redownload it, I decided to reinstall windows. After downloading windows i tried to log in it's says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded. Ive been locked out for days, tried making...
  6. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

7. Can't log in to user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in to user profile: I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell desktop computer. I'm the sole user, so there is only one user profile. I shut down each night, and when I restart the next morning, I am able to log into my user profile with no problem. However, last night my desktop wouldn't wake up...
  8. Can't log in to user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to user profile: I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell desktop computer. I'm the sole user, so there is only one user profile. I shut down each night, and when I restart the next morning, I am able to log into my user profile with no problem. However, last night my desktop wouldn't wake up...
  9. Can't log in to user profile

10. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...