Windows 10: i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password

Discus and support i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i can not log in when I know my password is right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChaseBeall, Sep 17, 2020.

1. i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password

i can not log in when I know my password is right

:)

ChaseBeall, Sep 17, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong

I used to be able to skip the log-in process on my Windows 10 machine but recently it started saying that my password is incorrect and refusing to skip the log-in. I then have to enter my PIN or password. I have confirmed that "users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is unchecked.

i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password [​IMG]

THX1138, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Wrong Password

Kevin, it turns out that the "old password" refers to your Windows user password, not a Microsoft account password. In an effort to get people to create/use Microsoft accounts, Microsoft wants you to abandon logging into Windows with your Windows username and password, and instead use your Microsoft account username and password. Thus, if you're still using your Windows username and password to log into Windows, you'll have to enter this as the "old password" when enabling Cortana. The reason they call it the "old password" (while not telling you which password!) is that in addition to enabling Cortana, it will secretly in the background change your Windows logon to require your Microsoft account info instead of your "old" logon info.

Once I got through this, Cortana worked. I tried it out for a couple of hours, found it worthless, and completely removed it from my system (which is also not straightforward; there's another thread devoted to that).

Anthony2816, Sep 17, 2020
  4. i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password

1. i can not log onto my account it says I have the wrong password but it is the right password - Similar Threads - log onto account

2. I have tried logging in with the correct password but its saying its wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried logging in with the correct password but its saying its wrong: My computor is saykng the corrct password id wrong jow do i get jnto jh computor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-tried-logging-in-with-the-correct-password/218edb6e-19b4-4dbe-bc6c-ba8e8c5812a6
  3. I have tried logging in with the correct password but its saying its wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have tried logging in with the correct password but its saying its wrong: My computor is saykng the corrct password id wrong jow do i get jnto jh computor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-tried-logging-in-with-the-correct-password/218edb6e-19b4-4dbe-bc6c-ba8e8c5812a6
  4. I have tried logging in with the correct password but its saying its wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup Repair says I have the wrong password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair says I have the wrong password: Startup Repair says I have the wrong password, Password is correct even changed it and am signed into the Laptop as Administrator and it shows that I am Keyboard setting is correct ie.US Please help...
  6. Startup Repair says I have the wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair says I have the wrong password: Startup Repair says I have the wrong password, Password is correct even changed it and am signed into the Laptop as Administrator and it shows that I am Keyboard setting is correct ie.US Please help...
  7. Startup Repair says I have the wrong password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...: So, I gave the password of my computer to my relatives while I was out and now I want to change it due to personal reasons. I can't change it because it keeps saying that it is incorrect? I am just inputting the password I use when booting a computer. If it really is...
  9. After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!: Hlw guys.... Today i will share a new experience that i have solved.... Some moments ago i face a serious problem in my new laptop....after boot from safe mode i just want to see how safe mode works,sign in display appears,then when i try to enter password it says "wrong...
  10. says password is wrong when it's right

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    says password is wrong when it's right: When I started my wife's computer this morning it was doing an update and then when it finished, her password didn't work any more. When I click the "reset password" box it says I had to have set up a disk ahead of time. The box is labeled "password reset wizard". I don't...