Windows 10: i can not make change to administrative settings

Discus and support i can not make change to administrative settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i can not able to make change to my pc settings cant able to install apps even i am the administrator and i can not able to launch command promot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gajendar singh shekhawat, Dec 1, 2018.

1. i can not make change to administrative settings

i can not able to make change to my pc settings cant able to install apps even i am the administrator and i can not able to launch command promot (admin) can you help me to solve it.

:)

Gajendar singh shekhawat, Dec 1, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 1, 2018
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

i can not make change to administrative settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

i can not make change to administrative settings

1. i can not make change to administrative settings - Similar Threads - change administrative settings

2. how can i change administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change administrator account: How can I change administrator account? Want to delete primary account and set secondary account as primary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-administrator-account/79382439-b6a0-49bf-b204-995b6740c060
  3. how can i change administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change administrator account: How can I change administrator account? Want to delete primary account and set secondary account as primary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-administrator-account/79382439-b6a0-49bf-b204-995b6740c060
  4. how can i change administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  6. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  7. User account can no longer make changes, and I can't log into Administrator

User account can no longer make changes, and I can't log into Administrator: As of a few months ago, any installation or uninstallation of an application mostly third-party software, I can still install and uninstall Microsoft store apps required Administrator permission for me to do. Up until then, I was able to make changes with my User account....
  8. How can I make my account the administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my account the administrator?: I recently posted here about the Lockdown Browser screwing with my computer and I logged out of my account to find out that when I launched the lockdown browser it created an administrator account and kicked my main account off of administrator. Idk how this happened but is...
  9. can i make this system to show me as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i make this system to show me as administrator: Hi. Van Biljon from South Africa, but living in Thailand for the last 2.5 years. i have a problem with my PC after the power went of, came on, and drive c and was cleaned out. Got the system up and running BUT after updating win 10 to the last update, my filling is not as it...
  10. Cannot Change Administrator Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Change Administrator Settings: CP - User Acounts: Can't change to 'Administrator' from 'Standard' Although User is considered 'Administrator' the User Account indicates 'Standard' and cannot be changed to 'Administrator' 12683