Windows 10: i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

Discus and support i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello I'm having a problem that every time I try to move my game from the C drive to any other drive it gives me an error and i tried everything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meshalNL, Jun 14, 2020.

1. meshalNL Win User

i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

hello

I'm having a problem that every time I try to move my game from the C drive to any other drive it gives me an error and i tried everything to fix it and nothing worked I use windows 10 the last update

i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive a10236e2-1562-42de-a92e-a02b4c3807f2?upload=true.png i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive 7d266f24-a19a-4af5-9dfe-4c985ea2b988?upload=true.png i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive 62a04992-b905-4379-b122-51d9d67621bb?upload=true.png

:)

meshalNL, Jun 14, 2020

2. SSD drive is full, need to change the drive location to save apps and dowloads on Windows 10.

Hello Tamara,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand due to all the apps and other downloads downloading in the SSD location the drive status shows full.

You can try changing the drive location of downloads by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select System and click on the Storage from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select the location of the drives you want apps,
      documents
      , music, pictures and
      videos
      to download and save on from the window under Save locations.
    • After selecting the drives, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187

I'm currently trying to download Forza Horizon 3, but the only problem is that I only have ~25GB left on my SSD C: drive. When I go into the system settings and try to change the default save location for Apps, it will let me choose my E: drive, but as soon as I hit apply it just reverts to the C: drive. It let's me change the locations for all of the other options, but as soon as I try to change the locations for Apps it just resets all other save changes I've made.
    After a bit of searching for a fix to this I discovered that the Store will ask you where you want to download something if the download is large enough. This is perfect except every time I try to download Forza and choose my E: as the download location, the Store just crashes. No error codes or anything.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

AnEffinWookie, Jun 14, 2020
  4. i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp

Edit:
    Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game

thedevil5600, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

1. i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive - Similar Threads - move apps change

2. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  3. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  4. Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...: So, if I download Solitaire on my computer from my admin account, and my husband wants to play the same Solitaire game on his user account on the same device, can he see it or will he have to download it again? I am just worried that if the other users download the same...
  5. Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...

Once an app is downloaded to the device, can it be seen as a downloaded app on another...: So, if I download Solitaire on my computer from my admin account, and my husband wants to play the same Solitaire game on his user account on the same device, can he see it or will he have to download it again? I am just worried that if the other users download the same...
  6. problem with changing the location of new downloaded apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem with changing the location of new downloaded apps: I would like to change the location of downloaded apps but when i go to the settings > Storage >change where new content is saved > new apps will be saved to settings and try to change the location it asks me to delete other apps This drive has apps from another device. To...
  7. Can't move apps to another drive

Can't move apps to another drive: Hi, I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where I have a lot of space left the option was there to download the app and is highlighted blue so it's clickable but when I do...
  8. Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...

Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...: I am trying to move a game form one drive to another. I have a lot of very important information on my other drive and don't want to delete anything. What other apps does it want to uninstall, is it safe to do so?...
  9. moving windows apps to another drive

moving windows apps to another drive: hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows drive it now has the app listed as a shortcut folder but the app is still taking up space on the windows drive even though...
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...