Windows 10: I can not open cmd

Discus and support I can not open cmd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools, I press windows + R and then input cmd, it cannot open, just flashbackjust like thisvideo. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TaylorSwift6, May 19, 2022.

1. I can not open cmd

After I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools, I press windows + R and then input cmd, it cannot open, just flashbackjust like thisvideo. How can I solve this problem?

:)

TaylorSwift6, May 19, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 19, 2022
  3. windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 19, 2022
  4. I can not open cmd

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I would highly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this article step by step:

CMD not working
    . Please reply if the issue still persists after this I can not open cmd :).

Melik TechBuddy, May 19, 2022
Thema:

I can not open cmd

1. I can not open cmd - Similar Threads - open cmd

2. calc Unable to open through cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calc Unable to open through cmd: Windows 10 calc can‘t open through cmd,but through the Microsoft Store APP I canplease help me !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calc-unable-to-open-through-cmd/f33500fe-2982-4a30-a786-01102dc97971
  3. calc Unable to open through cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calc Unable to open through cmd: Windows 10 calc can‘t open through cmd,but through the Microsoft Store APP I canplease help me !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calc-unable-to-open-through-cmd/f33500fe-2982-4a30-a786-01102dc97971
  4. calc Unable to open through cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird cmd prompt opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  6. Weird cmd prompt opening

Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  7. A random CMD promt window keeps on opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A random CMD promt window keeps on opening: I reinstalled windows 10 and after that I keeps on getting a random CMD window pop up and it stays for a milisecond and then gone and I dont know what is it or what is happening can anyone please help...
  8. A random CMD promt window keeps on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A random CMD promt window keeps on opening: I reinstalled windows 10 and after that I keeps on getting a random CMD window pop up and it stays for a milisecond and then gone and I dont know what is it or what is happening can anyone please help...
  9. A random CMD promt window keeps on opening

10. Cmd doesn't open

Cmd doesn't open: Hello!I'm having an issue where the Command Prompt won't launch or open at all. Even when I open it as an administrator, it still doesn't work.I've already tried this approach 1And this is what I got: - I created a new user and cmd worked fine. - I ran in the Adnimistrator:...