Windows 10: I can not open prefetch

Discus and support I can not open prefetch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not open prefetch from run or from c:/windows. it recuired a permission and when I click on continue the window crushes. even now I can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kauser Ahmed Himel, May 10, 2020.

1. I can not open prefetch

I can not open prefetch from run or from c:/windows. it recuired a permission and when I click on continue the window crushes. even now I can not delete any folder which required permission. I'm attaching a photo which may clearify my question. When I click continue to the window shown in the photo just within one second the window crushes. Need suggestion immidiately. Thanks in advanced I can not open prefetch cdf3e20d-f73c-4f0e-8648-52ee0d0738b4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kauser Ahmed Himel, May 10, 2020
  2. BettyLee1 Win User

I can't open prefetch????

So around June 2017 I wanted to speed up my windows 10 laptop. (Though it wasn't slow at all, I just wanted make sure whatever apps I downloaded would run smoothly) So I tweaked some of my settings a little and I came across prefetch. I didn't know what
    was the use of it at all, but in the video the guy stated that he deletes everything in prefetch cause it makes the laptop run faster, and so I did. I probably deleted the files in prefetch every week until around May. I tried to open it but it won't at all.
    Iv'e tried everything. I did the windows tab and held down R and typed ''prefecth'' but all it did was show the window for literally 1 second and then disappeared. So I looked up on what prefetch is used for. It says that It actually ''Stores specific data
    about applications you run in order to help them start faster'' In which I wasn't aware of. It also said that It wasn't good to delete any of the files in prefetch. Iv'e noticed some apps I open takes a little longer to start which is really annoying. The
    only option I have is to reset my laptop which I don't want to do yet. Is there any options to open up prefetch again ? -Thank You

BettyLee1, May 10, 2020
  3. I can't open prefetch????

What happens when you open the path-C:/Windows/Prefetch through File explorer?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 10, 2020
  4. BettyLee1 Win User

I can not open prefetch

I can't open prefetch????

No error or anything. When I click it it's blank, or the window open for a split second then disappears. And that goes for both ways when trying to open prefetch. (windows icon+R and through file explorer)

BettyLee1, May 10, 2020
Thema:

I can not open prefetch

1. I can not open prefetch - Similar Threads - open prefetch

2. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: eaanticheats.sys error and...
  3. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD - Easyanticheat.sys WHILE TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: eaanticheats.sys error and...
  4. Can't open prefetch or look at properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open prefetch or look at properties: My account is admin but I can't open anything and it says I'm not the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-prefetch-or-look-at-properties/00669dee-2516-4544-be03-396e6d372293
  5. Can't open prefetch or look at properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open prefetch or look at properties: My account is admin but I can't open anything and it says I'm not the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-prefetch-or-look-at-properties/00669dee-2516-4544-be03-396e6d372293
  6. can't open the prefetch folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't open the prefetch folder: hi there:I cannot open the prefetch . I either have to restart explorer.exe or restart my device. When I restarted my device, I go and delete that . Then, I created a new one and go set it to full control. The issue is: Everytime after I am about to shutdown my device and go...
  7. Still cant open prefetch

Still cant open prefetch: When I try to open the prefetch it says I need permission I click on continue and it doesnt open the folder and it doesnt say anything. I open properties, go to security but it then says 'You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this subject. Click Advanced to...
  8. Still cant open prefetch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still cant open prefetch: When I try to open the prefetch it says I need permission I click on continue and it doesnt open the folder and it doesnt say anything. I open properties, go to security but it then says 'You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this subject. Click Advanced to...
  9. Still can't open prefetch.

Still can't open prefetch.: I followed a reply to another community post about opening the prefetch when it says you dont have permission. I followed up to opening the security tab on prefetch properties but it said I must have read permissions and I had to click on advanced. When I did and pressed...
  10. I'm not able to open the prefetch folder

I'm not able to open the prefetch folder: I had heard once that deleting prefetch files will reduce my system's boot up time so I used to delete it on a regular basis. But recently, I found out that this not true and that the opposite of it is true. Prefetch files help in reducing the system's boot up time. So I have...