Windows 10: I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise.

Discus and support I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not open some old CDs or copy them to a folder in Windows 10. Please advise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathleenDowell, Jul 22, 2019.

1. I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise.

I can not open some old CDs or copy them to a folder in Windows 10. Please advise

:)

KathleenDowell, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2019
  3. CD-Rs won't open.

The CD-Rs are anything from 5 to 8 years old. I stopped using XP in 2011. But as I said, these discs would open on the Windows 7 computer without hassle. I also mentioned in my post that no, I haven't been able to try opening them on another system. Everyone
    I know seems to have tablet PCs nowadays or Macs. I'll try the other suggestions anyway and report back. Thanks for the advice.

RussThe Muso, Jul 22, 2019
  4. I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise.

CD-Rs won't open.

Hello,

• How old is the CDR exactly? When did you write it?
    • Did you try it on a different system?
    As the disc was written on a different OS platform as well as an older writing application, there is a possibility the CD might be obsolete or corrupted.
    I suggest you to check the status of the issue on a different computer and see if the files appear. Further, try the below steps to check if the files are visible.

• Click search box, and then type cmd.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • In front of the CD/DVD drive letter, type DIR and check if you’re able to find the files.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise.

1. I can not open some old CDs win Windows 10. Please advise. - Similar Threads - open old CDs

2. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  3. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  4. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can someone help advise me as to opening a bunch of .pvm files I found in my old photo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help advise me as to opening a bunch of .pvm files I found in my old photo...: Hello,If I may please have some help opening .pvm files, I found them on an old hard drive of saved photos/videos from back in the day. I was an....Canon Camera UserHP programs userI now have a new laptop, windows 11, I would be very grateful, if someone can help advise me,...
  6. Can anyone advise please - W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone advise please - W10: W10 in it’s entirety. Having tried this Op System since February this year- There are so many reasons why this doesn’t function to my satisfaction. Other Users have expressed, in a clear itemised way on other sites & blogs why they are unhappy with W10 - that I...
  7. Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.: I am new to Windows 10 and am doing fairly well. Windows 10 will not open files on some of my older CDs. The two that I need to access now have .jpg files on them. Isn't there some suggested way to access these CDs without some overly complicated process ? I am willing...
  8. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  9. BlueScreen Error - Please advise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen Error - Please advise: Hi, My windows 10 PC keeps keeps restarting to due to Bluescreen errors. Tends to happen when I'm not even using my PC. PC is up to date with updates. Please help if possible. Thanks so much. I can provide minidump file at a later stage. Thanks. Mark Error message:...
  10. Windows 10 + Linux dual boot advise please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 + Linux dual boot advise please!: Hi All, My Windows 10 is, at the moment, running smoothly on my 500Gb SSD. I played with Linux several years ago, and would like to do it again. I would like to install a Linux distro on my old internal 250Gb SSD. What is the best way to go about it? I have never had a...