Windows 10: I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

Discus and support I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. There is no button to push. The computer is a dell vastro. Its a CPU not laptop. So please any one help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by irsahdmohammed, Sep 29, 2020.

1. I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. There is no button to push. The computer is a dell vastro. Its a CPU not laptop. So please any one help me regarding this issue.Thanks for your forthcoming response.

:)

irsahdmohammed, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 29, 2020
  3. dakini33 Win User
    Can't open cd/dvd drive on dell inspion 15

Pressing the button to eject dvd does not open. Tried sticking pin into little hole, does not do anything. Tried start/this computer/drives: there is no cd/dvd drive listed!

How can I open the cd disk drive???

dakini33, Sep 29, 2020
  4. I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

CD/DVD drive (EI can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

1. I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. - Similar Threads - open dvd disk

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  4. DVD/CD hanger can not be opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD/CD hanger can not be opened: Why do my laptop dvd/cd hanger can not be opened after its button has already pressed? How is it be opened again like usual? Thank you for any help from you all guys....
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  6. cd or disk drive opening

cd or disk drive opening: Hi please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-or-disk-drive-opening/ac469bb3-3565-4ac5-a022-e3b07321b002
  7. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  8. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have...
  9. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...