Windows 10: I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change

Discus and support I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have followed the guides set up by Microsoft, I'm using the Activation Troubleshoot to activate Windows. So I select Troubleshoot, which does not fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheGman2332, Dec 26, 2018.

1. I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change

I have followed the guides set up by Microsoft, I'm using the Activation Troubleshoot to activate Windows. So I select Troubleshoot, which does not fix it. So I click on "I recently changed hardware on this device". This opens to where I can select the device and then press activate. (Below the listed device it says "To Be Filled By O.E.M.). So I select the device and click activate, and it says "Unable to activate Windows" "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later".

The device is the one with which I used Windows 10 before the hardware change, and I have my digital license linked to my Microsoft Account, as advised in the guides on the subject. I couldn't contact custom support in my country (Germany), so I'm asking here. Help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

TheGman2332, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 26, 2018
  3. timo0n Win User
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Before changing my MB and CPU I thoroughly read an article on how to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change. I connected my activated Windows 10 that I bought from a retailer (so it's not a free upgrade) to a Microsoft account, changed hardware, went
    to settings-account-troubleshooting and was surprised buy it saying "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again.". It's been more than couple of hours
    since I tried it for the first time and I don't really believe that Microsoft servers can have that much downtime. So what is my next step now?

timo0n, Dec 26, 2018
  4. I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change

win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change

1. I can not reactivate Windows after a hardware change - Similar Threads - reactivate hardware change

2. i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed: I tried to use answers from similar questions but in my case after using "Troubleshoot" i can not find in the list to reactivate window my new machine, but in mine microsoft account in "devices" section i can see my new machine. And i had needed account on current machine...
  3. i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed: I tried to use answers from similar questions but in my case after using "Troubleshoot" i can not find in the list to reactivate window my new machine, but in mine microsoft account in "devices" section i can see my new machine...
  4. i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not reactivate windows 10 after a hardware changed: I tried to use answers from similar questions but in my case after using "Troubleshoot" i can not find in the list to reactivate window my new machine, but in mine microsoft account in "devices" section i can see my new machine...
  5. Can not reactive windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reactive windows after changing hardware: Hello,I changed hardware motherboard, cpu and I can not reactivate windows. I have digital license. While trying to troubleshoot I get "Unable to activate Windows We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re...
  6. Can not reactive windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reactive windows after changing hardware: Hello,I changed hardware motherboard, cpu and I can not reactivate windows. I have digital license. While trying to troubleshoot I get "Unable to activate Windows We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re...
  7. can not reactivate windows after hardware change

can not reactivate windows after hardware change: I bought a new laptop, and I had a retail version of windows 10 pro on another laptop with digital license connected to my Microsoft account, when I installed windows on the new laptop and signed in with Microsoft account, I tried to reactivating it but, my new device dose...
  8. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM on my computer, and replaced my HDD with an SDD a few weeks earlier. Since the latest change, I see a watermark on my screen telling me to activate windows. When I try the troubleshooter and tell it I upgraded the hardware, it...
  9. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I have the 0xC004F213 error when I want to activate my product. I recently build a new PC because my old one died and thats waht I get. I don't have a product key, I've bought that almost 5 years ago and it's just lost. Is there any possibilty to reactivate it?...
  10. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I changed hardware(Motherboard and CPU) and want to reactivate windows but it wont work. I do have a retail version and made sure my account was linked to my digital license so as to avoid any issues for reactivation. I tried to contact Microsoft support twice to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.

2. cant reactivate windows after hardware change

3. we cant reactivate windows as our servers arent available right now

4. we cant reactivate windows on this device,
  5. we cant reactivate windows right now,
  6. cant reactivate windows on this device hardware change,
  7. unable to activate windowswe can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.learn moreyou can also activate this device by going to the store and purchasing a genuine copy of windows.,
  8. unable to reactivate windows on this device try again later,
  9. will i need to reactivate windows after hard disk change,
  10. we cant activate windows try again later,
  11. cant reactivate windows afgter hardware change,
  12. we cant reactivate windows on this device try again later,
  13. Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. after hardware change