Windows 10: I can not refuce my text and icon size

Discus and support I can not refuce my text and icon size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I increased the size of my desktop icon and everything else to 500 %. The icons are now so big that I dont even see my task bar items. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sarah77, Oct 19, 2015.

1. sarah77 Win User

I can not refuce my text and icon size

I increased the size of my desktop icon and everything else to 500 %. The icons are now so big that I dont even see my task bar items. I have tried to reduce the size again but not able to do so because I cannot see all the buttons I need. How can I reduce the size please

:)

sarah77, Oct 19, 2015

2. Icon Font Size

Is there a way of change the default font size for my Windows 10 desktop icons? I went to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display, and there is an 'Change only the text size' option, but it is dark grey and not clickable. I know I can
    change the screen to 125% to be able to read the size 9 font, but that makes all the icons larger as well, and that is not what I want. I like my icons tiny, but size 9 font on them is just too small (honestly, I'm not sure why Microsoft thought defaulting
    the text size to size 9 was a good idea). Is there a way to make the text size clickable so that I can change it?

rons_pigwidgeon, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Taskbar Icons Too Small

I also have the same problem. In addition now all my text is small on the screen. The adjust display size in in display size doesn't work. I can set it at 100% or 175 % but the icons and text size won't change.

SeanPatrick76, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Sarah, welcome to the Ten Forums.

If you have a wheel mouse, resizing the desktop icons is easy. Find an empty spot on your desktop, click it to be sure the desktop is active, then press and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and turn the mouse wheel towards you until the icons are small enough for you. The CTRL + mouse wheel is a practical way to resize the desktop icons, turning the mouse wheel forwards (away from you) increases the icon size, turning the wheel backwards (towards you) decreases the size.

When done, select one of the default sizes from desktop context (right click) menu:

I can not refuce my text and icon size [​IMG]

5. Ztruker Win User
    Click on the Desktop.
    Hold down the Ctrl key then roll the mouse wheel. One way increases the size, the other decreases. Make it small enough so you can get to the setting then fix it as it should be, 100% or maybe 125%.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can not refuce my text and icon size - Similar Threads - refuce text icon

2. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  3. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  4. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  5. Text and Icon Size in Windows Office Applications

Text and Icon Size in Windows Office Applications: Somehow the text and icon size in my Windows office applications is annoyingly large. How do I change the size of the icon and the text on the menu bar?...
  6. how can I increase my text size in windows

how can I increase my text size in windows: The font size on my screen is very small, how do I increase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-my-text-size-in-windows/81733502-ba16-438c-b32c-30bb59c1396c
  7. how to increase text size in icons

how to increase text size in icons: I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-icons/5ca364cc-acd2-4ac8-8576-7f3c7ba338ea
  8. How can I increase the size of the icons and text

How can I increase the size of the icons and text: I try what they say but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-icons-and-text/ec266a42-37e1-45d5-a2a8-5d1df9b486a5
  9. Icon Text size Win 10

Icon Text size Win 10: How can I increase the size of ICON text on desktop screen. Control and mouse wheel increase icon but not text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-size-win-10/6f381cc2-e5e2-4889-b763-5543c16dafb3
  10. size of favorites bar icon and text

in Windows 10 Support
    size of favorites bar icon and text: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809