Windows 10: I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night

Discus and support I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, there was a major update to my laptop; the new build was 18363.1316 for Windows 10. It wiped out all of the applications on my desktop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tropicbarb, Jan 30, 2021.

1. I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night

Last night, there was a major update to my laptop; the new build was 18363.1316 for Windows 10. It wiped out all of the applications on my desktop. I tried to reinstall the game DVD, and I received the following message:

Error opening file for writing. C:\Program Files(x86) Common Files\Datalode\Encore\Hoyle Puzzle Game 2010\dicomp.dll

The game worked fine yesterday before the update. I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks,
    Barb

:)

tropicbarb, Jan 30, 2021

2. DVD Games Will not install.

Hi,

For us to better assist you with the issue on your DVD drive, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates on your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried using other computers or external DVD drives, to check if it reads the DVD game?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 30, 2021
  3. DVD player

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest DVD drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the DVD drivers and select
      “Update”.

If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest DVD drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 30, 2021
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night

1. I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night - Similar Threads - reinstall game DVD

2. Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?: Hi, Guess my W10 desktop did an automatic update last night to the latest and greatest. Is there a link somewhere that would state, and explain, the new features in this updated version ? Or, might someone please just summarize whatever is new. Would really appreciate....
  3. Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Update Last Night; What Has changed ?: Hi, Guess my W10 desktop did an automatic update last night to the latest and greatest. Is there a link somewhere that would state, and explain, the new features in this updated version ? Or, might someone please just summarize whatever is new. Would really appreciate....
  4. I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not reinstall a game DVD after the latest update last night: Last night, there was a major update to my laptop; the new build was 18363.1316 for Windows 10. It wiped out all of the applications on my desktop. I tried to reinstall the game DVD, and I received the following message: Error opening file for writing. C:\Program Files(x86)...
  5. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  6. Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update: Hi all, Hope you can help. After last nights windows update, my laptop wont connect to the internet. Says unable to connect to network. Hotspot works fine. I tried everything from updating drivers, uninstalling them and then reinstalling them to running health checks in...
  7. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  8. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...