Windows 10: I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"!

Discus and support I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"! in Cortana to solve the problem; Personal PC Windows 10 Pro V 2004 OS Build 19041.329 I am about sick of this. Ever since I went to widows 10, and this happened on more than one PC... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RichardRutledge, Jul 6, 2020.

1. I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"!

Personal PC Windows 10 Pro V 2004 OS Build 19041.329 I am about sick of this. Ever since I went to widows 10, and this happened on more than one PC with more than one version of Windows 10 Pro, Windows keeps resetting the search settings to exclude every folder on every HDD; and I have to manually remove the excluded folders every 2 hours. Do you have any idea how much of a pain that is? Windows start menu shouldNEVER be searching the internet--that is what GOOGLE is for. When I go to the start menu it is 1000000000% of the time for alocal HDD file. IF I want an internet site, I go to FireFox and perform a Google search. I don't know who thought searching the Internet from the start menu would be a good idea, but they areWRONG. This makes me want to wipe 10 and put 7 back on--and kill the update ability on it.

So, now that I have expressed my extreme frustration without 100 swear words... is thereANY way to 1 prevent windows from arbitrarily and mind you, I bet I could make a case for "ILLEGALLY" too resetting my custom settings every 2 hours? and 2 Remove the internet search not just disable it, but totally remove it from the start menu? BTW, I have it totally disabled in the Registry, Group Policy, and settings... and yet it STILL searches--that is why I want to totally delete it from that start menu where it does NOT belong... If not, this MIGHT be something you MIGHT consider. I need to just submit this, the more I type the more frustrated I get...

:)

RichardRutledge, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Regarding Windows ReadyBoost

readyboost is a step between memory and page file, that can help prevent slowdown when windows accesses the HDD.

ruski missed a key point to readyboost - its not about MB/s throughput, its about lowered access times for those small files that are constantly being accessed

Mussels, Jul 6, 2020
  3. How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate the workaround you've provided in this thread to help more people who has the same issue. As another suggestion, we advise that you do these steps to exclude driver update during Windows 10 updates. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update and security.
    • Go to Windows Update.
    • Select Advanced options link.
    • Clear the Include driver updates when I update Windows option to complete the task.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 6, 2020
  4. FLT98 Win User

I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"!

How Can I Exclude Windows Printer Driver Updates?

This option is unavailable in my Windows 10 "include driver updates when I update Windows."

FLT98, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"!

1. I CAN NOT SEARCH WINDOWS IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE EVERY HDD FILE FROM THE "WINDOWS SEARCH"! - Similar Threads - SEARCH CONSTANTLY EXCLUDE

2. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....
  3. Windows search excluding some file types?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search excluding some file types?: Ever since the most recent update Windows search is not returning any of my Guitar Pro file types. gp3, gp4, gp5, etc... It had been working fine. Rebuilding the search index doesn't fix it. I checked in advanced options and they are not excluded. Strangely when I first...
  4. Windows search excluding some file types?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search excluding some file types?: Ever since the most recent update Windows search is not returning any of my Guitar Pro file types. gp3, gp4, gp5, etc... It had been working fine. Rebuilding the search index doesn't fix it. I checked in advanced options and they are not excluded. Strangely when I first...
  5. Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index: Hi all. Zoom has installed itself in my AppData folder. When I try to search "zoom" in my start menu, nothing appears. I fiddled with search indexing but it seems AppData is excluded. I don't want to have a shortcut on my desktop, so how can I get Zoom to show up in search...
  6. Exclude web from local searches?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exclude web from local searches?: When I search for "sourdough" in the lower left field next to the Windows button, I'm hoping to get results of documents or images with the keyword "sourdough" in the title or contents. Instead, most of the results are web pages about sourdough. Can I configure the Windows...
  7. Excluding folders in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Excluding folders in Windows Search: Hi, I'd like to set Windows Search so that the search only searches within the user's C:\Users folder. Alternatively, I'd be happy if the Search searched the whole PC, but excluded the ability to search within other users' folders. I tried setting the Find My Files setting...
  8. exclude drive / directory from windows search

in Cortana
    exclude drive / directory from windows search: I am a photographer, I have photos that date back roughly 10+ years or so stored on 7 to 8 hard drives. I am trying to locate photos from a certain month but need to exclude 2 directories on 2 of the hard drives from the search. The search term that I am using at the moment...
  9. Exclude a word in a Windows 10 File Manager search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude a word in a Windows 10 File Manager search: The old file manager allowed for many conditions. One was if you were looking for a word, you could exclude other words. For instance, if I wanted to search for 'Flower' but I did not want any results that had 'Daisy' in it, I would put 'Daisy' as an exception and the results...
  10. Exclude "file type" from search

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclude "file type" from search: I need to find all the files that contain the word "word" in them. When I try to search in File Explorer, I get all the files that are Microsoft Word files. How do I search for matches on only content within the file? I need to find all the files that contain the word...