Windows 10: I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer

Discus and support I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new lenovo computer and it will not let me sign up my gmail accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CynthiaJotim, Mar 22, 2021.

1. I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer

I got a new lenovo computer and it will not let me sign up my gmail accounts

:)

CynthiaJotim, Mar 22, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 22, 2021
  3. FrankS Win User
    gmail problem

Hi
    I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one.
    When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect.
    Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my phone (which I receive).
    The next step is to enter the verification code into account recovery which it accepts.
    It then states that it will send a code to my recovery email address.
    However, I don't receive the email.
    I've attempted using a different recovery email address with no luck.
    Now the email account is working since it receives (& sends) emails daily (vial Mailbird).
    It's just not possible to sign into Chrome with it.
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Mar 22, 2021
  4. I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer

1. I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer - Similar Threads - sign gmail account

2. My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...: My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my phone and old computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-does-not-recognize-my-microsoft/7fcde615-959f-417b-ad79-6226dde8ad80
  3. My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my...: My new computer does not recognize my Microsoft account, however I can sign into it on my phone and old computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-does-not-recognize-my-microsoft/7fcde615-959f-417b-ad79-6226dde8ad80
  4. can i reopen my account if i made a new account with the same gmail?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can i reopen my account if i made a new account with the same gmail?: so i got my windows 10 computer hijacked but i know why so i already got it situated. the person who hijacked my stuff deleted my microsoft account so they could put their stuff as administrator and remove me from all types of access. however, now that i googled it after...
  5. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free: I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use the account on my new PC too. But how if possible can I get a new window's account? My existing one or the one i have been...
  6. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free: I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use the account on my new PC too. But how if possible can I get a new window's account? My existing one or the one i have been...
  7. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Sign on new computer with microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign on new computer with microsoft account: Hello,I have a new computer. I signed in using a pin. I want to sign in using my microsoft account like I did on my old computer. How do I do this? Last time a support person took over my computer and set it up so that when I signed in I had a choice, to use my pin or to use...
  9. Signing in to account on new computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing in to account on new computer: It asks for my password a second time, and it wont accept it as a correct one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-to-account-on-new-computer/f9d7035b-c413-4a31-8986-9621288aaf67
  10. Install GMail on my new Edge Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install GMail on my new Edge Account?: Is there an App. or something that I can install on my new Microsoft Edge browser that will allow me to receive my gmail on the edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/install-gmail-on-my-new-edge-account/a7b4f745-a000-4168-a481-eac2b54d7d6f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo gmail problem