Windows 10: I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive

Discus and support I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having problems trying to DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted External 1TB Hard Drive. The decryption process got stuck at 9.3% for the last two days.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ocho Cinco, May 1, 2019.

1. I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive

I am having problems trying to DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted External 1TB Hard Drive. The decryption process got stuck at 9.3% for the last two days. I've tried pausing and resuming the decryption but still stuck at 9.3%. I've unplugged the hard drive, rebooted my system but hey, 9.3%. I wanted to totally do away with the BitLocker encryption. Any solutions would really help. Thank you.

System specs

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz ~2.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Hard Drive: Innostor External HDD, 1TB

Partition Style: MBR

:)

Ocho Cinco, May 1, 2019

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 1, 2019
  3. BitLocker Decryption Paused..

Hi,

Unfortunately, some days before, I started BitLocker encryption for my 1 TB external hard disc. My bad mistake. The encryption was not finished successfully. After that, whenever the disc is inserted, it is saying that there is error in encryption and the
    disc is not ready yet. I have also checked the BitLocker Drive Encryption option in control panel, but there is no option for "suspend protection/turn off BitLocker". Even I cannot open any folder within that drive. I cannot resume/cancel the encryption/decryption
    also.

There are lots of important data inside that drive and I have to recover those to my computer. All I need is to decrypt that drive and put back it in its earlier stage without any encryption. Please help.

Subhradeep Ghosh, May 1, 2019
  4. Marc Cai Win User

I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive

Encrypted External Drive that cannot be opened.

Hi Sana,

It is a good idea to use Bitlocker to protect hard drives. Please provide the following needed information:

1. How do you try to access the drive?

2. Do you get any pop-up message when trying to access the drive?

3. Is this an external hard drive?

You can turn off Bitlocker Drive Encryption by following these steps:

• Login as Administrator to your PC.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• From the BitLocker Drive Encryption page, find the volume on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• From the What level of decryption do you want dialog box, click either
      Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption or Decrypt the volume as needed.

Regards.

Marc Cai, May 1, 2019
Thema:

I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive

1. I can not Successfully DECRYPT my BitLocker-Encrypted Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Successfully DECRYPT BitLocker

2. I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  3. I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  4. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  5. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  6. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  7. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  8. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker: i encrypted one of my hard drives with bitlocker and my computer crashed and wiped everything but the hard drive that was encrypted with bitlocker i no longer can find the recovery key through command prompt or the password have been trying for months i have data on there i...
  10. BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE: Unable to open bitlocker encrypted external drive Windows 10 Pro Hello, I have not been able to open my encrypted hard drive on Windows professional Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063. The external drive was encrypted using this system (the same I am reporting now) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to successfuly decrypt bitlocker key