Windows 10: i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar

Discus and support i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried probably 100 methods in the past 4 hours trying to fix this but once I get it I restart my pc and it doesn't work anymore pls help me.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LoganWilliams8, Jul 11, 2020.

1. i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar

I have tried probably 100 methods in the past 4 hours trying to fix this but once I get it I restart my pc and it doesn't work anymore pls help me.

:)

LoganWilliams8, Jul 11, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 11, 2020
  4. i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar

Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Thank you for updating us. Here are other troubleshooting steps on how to resolve Game bar issues:

Change the Game bar settings in the Windows settings:

1. Press Start and click on the Settings icon.

2. Go to Gaming and check Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.

If you are unable to see these settings on your computer, make sure that the operating system is updated to version 1703 or higher. To check for new updates, you may follow the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, manually update the Xbox App by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  

4. Hit Enter.  

5. Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar

1. i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar - Similar Threads - type search bar

2. xbox game bar MISSING settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar MISSING settings: Aight, I stream some and record game plays.Game Bar settings reverted.Not that big of an issue except I can no longer locate the "record desktop" in the privacy setting. I just saw it a couple days ago.Where is it?Where is my broadcast button?Why give good tools and then take...
  3. xbox game bar MISSING settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar MISSING settings: Aight, I stream some and record game plays.Game Bar settings reverted.Not that big of an issue except I can no longer locate the "record desktop" in the privacy setting. I just saw it a couple days ago.Where is it?Where is my broadcast button?Why give good tools and then take...
  4. Search Bar isnt working, even with Xbox Game Bar

in Cortana
    Search Bar isnt working, even with Xbox Game Bar: Hello,I've been trying to search some apps on settings one day and the search bar wouldn't work, So I tried the search bar near the Windows logo and that didn't work either.I've tried 3 things: Restarting explorer.exe, Restarting Search.exe and Restarting my pcThose 3 things...
  5. Problems in Settings Option and Type to Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems in Settings Option and Type to Search Bar: Dear Microsoft Team, I bring you today a situation concerning my Dell laptop with Windows 10. I noticed the following problems of my Desktop System: 1. Cannot access my settings either any of my search bars 2. Tried to scan SFC but corrupted files are not repaired 3....
  6. Windows 10 search bar and xbox game bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar and xbox game bar not working: I'm a having a few problems with windows even after factory resetting the search bar doesn't work and closes as soon I type a single character and the Xbox game bar opens for a split second then closes again tried trouble shooting windows apps and uninstalling updates but...
  7. Xbox Game Bar settings not saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar settings not saving: Hi Guys! I hope you are well. I am having an issue in the 'Gaming' settings of windows 10. When I tick the box for 'Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller' it only stays selected until I restart my machine. Once restarted this box unticks itself. Does...
  8. Its not possible type on the Xbox Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its not possible type on the Xbox Game Bar.: I'm with the 20h2 update and I'm having problems with the keyboard on the xbox bar. When I try to type in the group, or search for a user in the friends list, I keep getting that error sound which cannot be typed and or for example, if I have the browser open and open WIN + G...
  9. xbox game bar settings not saving.

xbox game bar settings not saving.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MonsterBoyAdi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cieu/xbox_game_bar_settings_not_saving/
  10. Can's Sign to Xbox - Game Bar

Can's Sign to Xbox - Game Bar: Hey there, Game bar opens just fine and looks normal, but the "Sign Into Xbox" button doesn't do anything. Clicking it goes no where and I have followed all steps listed here:...