Windows 10: I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I...

Discus and support I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can not update existing programs, including windows 10. I can not download new turbo tax with the windows 10 I have now. I have installed previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cool granpa, Jan 28, 2021.

1. I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I...

I can not update existing programs, including windows 10. I can not download new turbo tax with the windows 10 I have now. I have installed previous versions of turbo tax. I get message I have to go to Microsoft store. Version of windows 10 I have says I can not get out of S mode.

:)

Cool granpa, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Tom--YY Win User

Turbo Tax program will not open

I have Windows 10 and I used Turbo Tax 2015 for my taxes. I last used it in April 2016. When I tried to open it today (August), it would not open. I tried the compatibility assistant and none of the suggestions worked. I contacted Turbo Tax and was advised
    to uninstall and re-install the 2015 Turbo Tax program. Did it and it also did not work. I do not know what has changed since April, but the only new program I installed several months ago was Super AntiSpyware Professional. Disabled that and it still does
    not work.

Any ideas what I need to do.

Thanks

Tom--YY, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Jak K Win User
    Installing Turbo Tax Deluxe 2016

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and trying to install turbo tax. The installation process stops at 27% and in about 40 to 50 minutes times out with error message 65535.

The computer is new and I have downloaded and installed several other programs since turbo tax failed. Any suggestions.

Jak K, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I...

Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I...

1. I can not update existing programs and install new turbo tax with updated windows 10. I... - Similar Threads - update existing programs

2. installing turbo tax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing turbo tax: how do I open the disc door to install turbo tax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-turbo-tax/6c357916-6976-4558-b33f-658988bf7630
  3. installing turbo tax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing turbo tax: how do I open the disc door to install turbo tax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-turbo-tax/6c357916-6976-4558-b33f-658988bf7630
  4. Turbo Tax 2023 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turbo Tax 2023 updates: While trying to update Turbo Tax 2023, it couldn't finish because it said "The file '_gnp.xob_q_petsysae_lacol_tib46_rgnerepw" cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file "Data1.cab". this could indicate a network error, an error reading from the...
  5. Turbo Tax 2023 updates

Turbo Tax 2023 updates: While trying to update Turbo Tax 2023, it couldn't finish because it said "The file '_gnp.xob_q_petsysae_lacol_tib46_rgnerepw" cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file "Data1.cab". this could indicate a network error, an error reading from the...
  6. Turbo Tax 2023 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot Install Turbo Tax

Cannot Install Turbo Tax: I am trying to install Turbo Tax on my Computer but once it reahces to stage to write to program files x286 it tells me that It seems that there is a setting in windows that prevenst this from writing to this folder and I cannot figure out what it is...
  8. Turbo Tax

Turbo Tax: I purchased the Turbo Tax program, received the download however when I attempted to open I received a message regarding taking my laptop out of S mode. I am not comfortable doing this, has anyone experienced this issue? If so how did you handle? Is there another Turbo Tax...
  9. Can not install turbo tax on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not install turbo tax on windows 10: Windows 10 will not allow me to install Turbo Tax 2019 in safe mode. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-turbo-tax-on-windows-10/15c36cc3-5b5b-49b6-a8a6-c3ec93607ea1
  10. Turbo tax install

Turbo tax install: I am running windows 10. Installed turbo tax then screen comes up to look for updates and I get an error message.noticed computer was in airplane mode got that turned off and tried again. Still getting error message. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. 38512