Windows 10: I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

Discus and support I can not use administrator powers or add the powers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I just a bit ago did a factory restart and I did enable the administrator through the line "net user administrator /active:yes" to try and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dragoncop ‎, Mar 23, 2023.

1. I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

Hi there, I just a bit ago did a factory restart and I did enable the administrator through the line "net user administrator /active:yes" to try and customize some things but after I finished I put in "net user administrator /active:no" to get rid of the user administrator. Now when I try and download things it still asks for an administrator username and password but I can not enter anything nor does it have the option to enter anything. I also can not do a factory restart because settings needs administrator power to use and I can not give it that and I can not re make the administrator acco

:)

dragoncop ‎, Mar 23, 2023

2. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Mar 23, 2023
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Mar 23, 2023
  4. I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

1. I can not use administrator powers or add the powers - Similar Threads - administrator powers add

2. I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not use administrator powers or add the powers: Hi there, I just a bit ago did a factory restart and I did enable the administrator through the line "net user administrator /active:yes" to try and customize some things but after I finished I put in "net user administrator /active:no" to get rid of the user administrator....
  3. I can not use administrator powers or add the powers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not use administrator powers or add the powers: Hi there, I just a bit ago did a factory restart and I did enable the administrator through the line "net user administrator /active:yes" to try and customize some things but after I finished I put in "net user administrator /active:no" to get rid of the user administrator....
  4. Can't add power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't add power plans: Hi everyone, My new-ish Dell G5 15 5590 i7-9750H laptop (OS build 19042.572) has been a bit of a pain for me in several minor areas, one of them being power plans. I want to add the High Performance power plan, but I can't do it...I've tried following instructions to add it...
  5. can not power down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can not power down: Since the last update my computer will not power down, I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds to get it to switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-power-down/e83d9b38-9f0f-44d5-a857-80260d06a279
  6. microsoft power bi add-in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft power bi add-in: Hi there, question for you: Is it possible to download the microsoft power bi add-in separate????? going through power bi and signing in with your account or registering is Not working. I tried to set this up for a user here who doesn't have permissions to add any add...
  7. Add shortcut to Power options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add shortcut to Power options?: The Power options on the Start Menu has 3 items: Sleep, Shut down and Restart. I've created a shortcut to lock the screen, which is on the desktop. Is it possible to include it in the Power options? [img] 38547
  8. Add USB 3 Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add USB 3 Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add USB 3 Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "USB 3 Link Power Management" from Power Options in Windows The USB 3 Link Power Management setting in Power Options allows users to specify the power management policy to use for...
  9. Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Power button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware power button on the PC is pressed....
  10. Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage devices that...