Windows 10: I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this?

Discus and support I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has been working great the whole time with the wireless connection to the WLAN. But since 3 days it says that I can only use Ethernet and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by angelinades, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this?

My laptop has been working great the whole time with the wireless connection to the WLAN. But since 3 days it says that I can only use Ethernet and I can't use the on/off switch for flight mode. My laptop can't find networks no matter if they are from my neighbours or my own. I have Windows 10 and it worked all the time but now I can only use my laptop with the LAN cable. Can anyone help me get the wireless connection back?

TIA I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this? :)

:)

angelinades, Aug 1, 2020
  2. MIAGIBBS Win User

Accessing internet wirelessly.

How do i get access to internet? This is my dilemma, I have 2 pc's that are accessing the internet by way of ethernet and/or wireless. But my downstairs laptop will not access internet wirelessly . When I try...it just keeps saying checking requirements.
    Also my network is not listed under network connections, but it does appear in the list at the system tray icon.

MIAGIBBS, Aug 1, 2020
  3. can only connect to internet through Ethernet cable

I just built a new desktop and installed windows 10 but there isnt anywhere to connect wirelessly to the internet. The only thing that I can connect to the internet through is an Ethernet cable but I dont want to do that. How do I turn on the setting for
    using Wi-Fi and off the setting for having to use and Ethernet cable.

will tiller, Aug 1, 2020
  4. I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this?

Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this?

1. I can only access the Internet via Ethernet but not wirelessly how can I fix this? - Similar Threads - access Internet via

2. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  3. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  4. How can I fix an unstable Ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix an unstable Ethernet connection?: About 12 hours ago while I was away from my computer, my connection to the internet simply dropped and I cam back to all my network based applications not working. Since then I have restarted my modem, which returned my connection back to normal but only for about 20 seconds...
  5. How can I fix an unstable Ethernet connection?

How can I fix an unstable Ethernet connection?: About 12 hours ago while I was away from my computer, my connection to the internet simply dropped and I cam back to all my network based applications not working. Since then I have restarted my modem, which returned my connection back to normal but only for about 20 seconds...
  6. I can not access apps on the laptop with few of the internet connection.How can I fix this...

I can not access apps on the laptop with few of the internet connection.How can I fix this...: I can not access apps on the laptop with few of the internet connection.How can I fix this issue.It is all the time with the wi-fi.Like Jio 5g,or broadband.I cant use microsoft edge and chrome too....
  7. Internet option gone I can only use Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet option gone I can only use Ethernet: I reset my network, I have reset my laptop. Nothing works, unless I use ethernet. Wi-Fi option is also gone from settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-option-gone-i-can-only-use-ethernet/c1f831c8-12f4-41db-8644-890990b57eda
  8. Internet option gone I can only use Ethernet

Internet option gone I can only use Ethernet: I reset my network, I have reset my laptop. Nothing works, unless I use ethernet. Wi-Fi option is also gone from settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-option-gone-i-can-only-use-ethernet/c1f831c8-12f4-41db-8644-890990b57eda
  9. My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...: As the subject heading says, my PC cant view available wifi networks. The only way I can connect to a network is via an ethernet cable. In the bottom right corner I see a Monitor with an ethernet symbol next to it not the typical wifi symbol. When I click it it brings up a...
  10. Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless: My wireless symbol has changed and I can only connect to the internet when I put the ethernet cable into my laptop. What is wrong>...