Windows 10: I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...

Discus and support I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What happened was that when i tried installing windows, it once it asked me to do the usual installation, that installed it and then restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hmtdytc, May 18, 2024.

1. hmtdytc Win User

I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...

What happened was that when i tried installing windows, it once it asked me to do the usual installation, that installed it and then restarted and showed blinking cursor on a black screen. Second time i tried installing windows, it straight went to "setting up your computer". The windows installed perfectly and when I restarted it, it started showing a blank screen with a blinking cursor. I tried booting up windows again and wanting to format the drive where windows was installed and perform a clean installation. But somehow, a screen popped up telling me to choose between windows 10 volume 3

:)

hmtdytc, May 18, 2024
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, May 18, 2024
  4. Jborg Win User

I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 18, 2024
Thema:

1. I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking... - Similar Threads - boot booting installation

2. I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...: What happened was that when i tried installing windows, it once it asked me to do the usual installation, that installed it and then restarted and showed blinking cursor on a black screen. Second time i tried installing windows, it straight went to "setting up your computer"....
  3. I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can only boot windows from booting installation, when i try to restart it shows blinking...: What happened was that when i tried installing windows, it once it asked me to do the usual installation, that installed it and then restarted and showed blinking cursor on a black screen. Second time i tried installing windows, it straight went to "setting up your computer"....
  4. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  5. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  6. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When trying to boot from a windows 10 install USB the only thing that shows up is a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When trying to boot from a windows 10 install USB the only thing that shows up is a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Darattman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jb29wc/when_trying_to_boot_from_a_windows_10_install_usb/
  8. Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking white lines on screen when installing from boot: Hi! As the subject says, I am installing a fresh Windows 10 from boot and experiencing some odd blinking white lines across the horizontal center of the screen. It's frozen there and doesnt move into the installation at all. How can I fix this? Or at least get more...
  9. Blinking white lines when installing from boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking white lines when installing from boot: Hi! As the subject says, I am installing a fresh Windows 10 from boot and experiencing some odd blinking white lines across the horizontal center of the screen pics below. It's frozen there and doesnt move into the installation at all. How can I fix this? Or at least get...
  10. Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 isn't Booting, Only Show Blinking Cursor: Hi, I tried to convert the disk partition type from "Dynamic Disk" to "Basic", I used 3rd party apps to do that then it restarted. When it should boot, it showed blue screen display with 0xc0000e errors. Then I tried to use Startup repair and also Automatic Repair using...