Windows 10: I can only connect to Wifi at home and not at a cafe or other area

Discus and support I can only connect to Wifi at home and not at a cafe or other area in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , I recently installed Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. It worked fine for 2 weeks and now I'm having an issue. It will only connect to WIFI at home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elena05, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Elena05 Win User

I can only connect to Wifi at home and not at a cafe or other area

Hi ,

I recently installed Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. It worked fine for 2 weeks and now I'm having an issue. It will only connect to WIFI at home and nowhere else. When I try to work from a cafe or other work-space, it simply states that the IP address is invalid. I've reset it, did a system restore, as well as a driver update, but nothing helps. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

:)

Elena05, Mar 18, 2019
  2. tomp54321 Win User

Free WIFI

Obviously I don't want you to list them!! But to areas / shops / cafes offer free WIFI at all, or is it more than often charged for?

tomp54321, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Maria K' Win User
    connecting to WiFi on Windows Nokia lumia 820

Here is a little additional information to 7thSense's reply where to find password for WiFi network:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...o-find-your-wireless-network-password?lc=6153

On your phone just go to Setting ->WiFi (tap). Make sure WiFi networking is on. And there you will see list of available networks.

Also you can access to WiFi network in public areas: cafes, supermarkets, sport centers. Usually there you do not need password to connect. Just choose network name from the list. You can see if it is open or secure under network name, also signal strenght.

Regards

Maria

Maria K', Mar 18, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. I can only connect to Wifi at home and not at a cafe or other area - Similar Threads - connect Wifi home

2. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to: My home wifi won't show up in my available wifi networks on my new computer but it is in my known networks. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it....
  3. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to: My home wifi won't show up in my available wifi networks on my new computer but it is in my known networks. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it....
  4. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  6. My tower can connect to home WiFi

My tower can connect to home WiFi: It worked flawlessly for 2 years. Not sure what changed. It recognizes the network, but wont connect. Tried everything...drivers, replaced wifi adapter, all the recommened fixes...so frustrated! Dont want to purchase new pc...but might have to....
  7. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  8. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  9. can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network

can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network: i noticed that the wifi logo change [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-connect-to-own-wifi-network-but-cant-connect/1464a6dc-5529-475e-95ca-9264272676b6
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...