Windows 10: I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to...

Discus and support I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It works again after restart Changing the resolution did not help. but I would like to know what caused it. Is there a shortcut that started this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BazingaRX, Mar 22, 2021.

1. BazingaRX Win User

I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to...

It works again after restart Changing the resolution did not help. but I would like to know what caused it. Is there a shortcut that started this?

Unfortunately I can not find the video. Also my pc slowed down during that time.

:)

BazingaRX, Mar 22, 2021

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 22, 2021
  3. My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 22, 2021
  4. I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to...

Internet Explorer Zooms Display beyond limits of screen

This is an intermittent problem that may happen more than once per day, or not occur again for two or three days. The problem appears when browsing multiple websites. I realize that verbal and written descriptions when reporting this problem can
    be inadequate. However, today I was nearby when the problem occurred and managed to capture some screen shots that may help to determine what the problem is.

IE Screenshot 180311 p1.png: Normal Screen

• This screenshot (P1) is what the display looked like just prior to the erratic behavior as illustrated in IE Screenshot 180311 p2.
    • While using IE to browse, on occasion, my wife wishes to print the content of the webpage.
    • To print, she typically clicks on the gear icon found in the upper righthand area of the webpage, selects Print Preview, and prints from there.
    • This normal page display shows upper webpage controls and the lower Windows Taskbar/Start Icon that disappear when the malfunction occurs.
    P1.
    I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to... [​IMG]

E Screenshot 180311 p2.png: Overextended Webpage Display on Screen (no Webpage Controls Visible)

• This is the screenshot of the display after clicking on the gear icon.
    • When comparing the P1 and P2 images, you see:
      • The webpage is expanded to beyond a normal full screen.
      • The upper area of the webpage where webpage controls are normally displayed (page minimize/maximize/close controls, address/search bars, and the IE page tabs) are beyond the upper limits of the screen and are not visible.
      • The lower Windows Taskbar/Start Icon disappears.
      • The only webpage or Windows controls remaining visible are the page slider controls found at the right and bottom margins of the screen.
      • There are no visible controls for minimizing or closing the webpage, or for Taskbar/Windows Start.

P2.

I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to... 1cf8d80a-a69b-4215-a921-159d01d8dd60?upload=true.png

P3.

IE Screenshot 180311 p3.png: Overextended Webpage Display on Screen (with Select Webpage Controls Visible)

• This is the screenshot of the display when hovering the mouse pointer in the far upper righthand area of the display.
    • Comparing P2 and P3 images, you can see:
      • Parts of the normal upper area of the webpage, that displays webpage controls, appears when the mouse pointer is held in that position.
      • The background color this area of the webpage changes from white to black.
      • If the mouse pointer is moved away from the upper righthand area, the webpage controls disappear.
      • The Windows Taskbar/Start Icon remain hidden.

I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to... 11b30e2c-8b7e-456f-acc5-47d05e47def2?upload=true.png

Questions:

• Why does this problem only occur on one of the two user accounts?
    • Is it possible that the screen is unintentionally going into a “Tablet PC” display mode?
    • Is it possible that when clicking on the gear icon, an accidental mouse dragging action causes the display to go into an unintentional display mode that fills the screen to the point where upper webpage controls and lower Windows Taskbar/Start Icon
      is hidden?
    • Is it possible that IE, for one user only, does not remember settings for "Lock the Toolbars" and "Show Tabs on a Separate Row"?

pragmaticron, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to...

1. I can only see a zoomed area of the screen, when I move my mouse the display changes to... - Similar Threads - zoomed area screen

2. Screen freezes but I can move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes but I can move my mouse: Recently, I got a new pc, its quite high end, rtx 4070 with a 13th gen intel i7 on windows 11. I have such a high end pc to play games, so I was playing Valorant and I switched tabs over to discord and then my whole screen froze, but I was able to move my mouse. The screen...
  3. Screen freezes but I can move my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezes but I can move my mouse: Recently, I got a new pc, its quite high end, rtx 4070 with a 13th gen intel i7 on windows 11. I have such a high end pc to play games, so I was playing Valorant and I switched tabs over to discord and then my whole screen froze, but I was able to move my mouse. The screen...
  4. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  5. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  6. Black Screen in Fullscreen applications but only when I move or click my mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen in Fullscreen applications but only when I move or click my mouse: Title covers it all, what can I do to prevent this? And if I dont play in Fullscreen it lags/doesnt feel right submitted by /u/Xahriyah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evy6k6/black_screen_in_fullscreen_applications_but_only/
  7. Whole screen moves when I use the mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whole screen moves when I use the mouse: How can I fix the problem with the whole screen moving when I use the mouse? It started the other day. Did I accidently click on something? How can I fix it. I have Windows 10 and recently game I play installed HTML5 but no one else is having this problem. HELP - please...
  8. screen disappear when i move my mouse to click on the smaller screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen disappear when i move my mouse to click on the smaller screen: picture this. there is two screen, one is full screen and the other is a small screen in the middle of the full screen so every time my mouse is move to click the small screen it get minimize. now since the small screen is minimize, option 1) i go to taskbar to bring it up...
  9. Display freezes every couple of seconds when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display freezes every couple of seconds when I move my mouse: I've been dealing with a recurring problem with my computer as whenever I continuously move my cursor for a few seconds my display freezes for about half a second and continues for as long as I move the cursor. This all began to happen when I got a new desk for my computer...
  10. Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video: When I try to watch a video on youtube or facebook I can only see a small part of it zoomed in. How to i fix this? Also what is threadlock and how do I unlock it?...