Windows 10: I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed?

Discus and support I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WarringtonWilliams, Mar 3, 2020.

1. I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed?

I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed?

:)

WarringtonWilliams, Mar 3, 2020
  2. DavidRix Win User

PC Now only shows as Media Device on LAN

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.

I tried those and was able to Search for the PC in the Windows+R panel however can't do it again.

That time it did show up and I was able to transfer files. It also showed in the Explorer tree but not under Computer in the right side screen. It has gone from the tree but is still there under Media Devices though.

Now a error panel asks if I have spelt it correctly etc.

It also shows this PC and a Qnap I have on the LAN and when I others boot others on the LAN, they show too.

Weird because this PC has been on 1803 for a while and the LAN has been okay even though that PC is still 1709.

Have never been with Homegroup.

Thanks

DavidRix, Mar 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2020
  4. DavidRix Win User

PC Now only shows as Media Device on LAN

The PC always showed as PC on LAN but today it is not on Explorer Network tree and only shows as Media Device.

I do see it on NetBScanner.

I have 1803

How do I get it back to where it should be?

Thanks

DavidRix, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. I can only see other PCs on my LAN as media devices. Can this be fixed? - Similar Threads - PCs LAN media

2. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  3. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  4. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't see my home wifi in one of my PCs but can see on other PCs and cellphone.

I can't see my home wifi in one of my PCs but can see on other PCs and cellphone.: Suddenly, I can't see my home wifi in one only one of my desktop computers 6 years old. I can see it on other PC and two laptops and all the cellphones. But just this one PC has problem detecting my home wifi. It shows all the neighbors' wifi. I did all the follwoings:All the...
  6. Why can I not see other PCs on my network?

Why can I not see other PCs on my network?: I have a small home network with two computers on the same WiFi connection. Both are Windows 10 and I log on to them with the same Microsoft account. They are both on the same workgroup. So pretty simple setup. I store files on my desktop that I often access from the laptop....
  7. Can only see public files on my networked PCs

Can only see public files on my networked PCs: I have three windows 10 PCs. An HP laptop, an HP all in one and an old Desktop. All PCs are fully up to date on Software. I have applied all the suggestions on local services - Function Discovery Provider and Function Discovery resources set to automatic delayed start, DNS...
  8. Other PCs on home network only show as media devices

Other PCs on home network only show as media devices: We used to have shares setup between the 4 computers on our home network. After the last update, the PCs only show up and connect as Media Devices. I can no longer access folders and files between computers. How can I fix this?...
  9. Network pcs only show as media devices and can"t access across network

Network pcs only show as media devices and can"t access across network: After recently updating 2 PCs on a home network (both plugged into only router..then Charter Spectrum Modem) I can no longer access files and folders from each. The PCs now see/show each other as "MEDIA DEVICES" and clicking on each opens Windows Media Player......How do i...
  10. Can Only See other Network Devices on Wired Connection

Can Only See other Network Devices on Wired Connection: I've just got a new laptop, and have set up all the sharing as I have on my other machines. so the desktop can be seen across other devices in the network. However the it can only see other computers on the network, and they can only see it, when it's on a wired connection to...