Windows 10: I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

Discus and support I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacklyn Garcia, Dec 19, 2018.

1. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful!

:)

Jacklyn Garcia, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Floki Win User

Administrator Account

One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always asked to sign in as the administrator. Kind of like a catch 22 situations -- does any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Floki, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Snake05 Win User
    Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Dec 19, 2018
  4. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

1. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator... - Similar Threads - accounts administrator account

2. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  3. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  4. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can I use the same Outlook account on Administrator and User accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use the same Outlook account on Administrator and User accounts?: Until recently, I have had only an Administrator account on my PC Win 10 Pro. To add security, I recently added a local account, and I would like to be able to access my MS Office Outlook email when I am logged in to either account. I don't sign into either of the user...
  6. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  7. Other account with no administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other account with no administrator account: Hello. Is there possibility how to fix the problem with other user on lock screen and no administrator account in computer? I lost administrator account when my university changed e-mails and they block one which has administrator privillege. Then I find out how to sign in...
  8. Is there any way I can log into the built in administrator account and only use that account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way I can log into the built in administrator account and only use that account?: IIRC there's a built-in administrator account to every Windows 10 PC that normally "hidden" of sorts. Evidence for this can be found when first setting up Windows 10 and it asks you to name the user account. If you enter the name as "Administrator" it will give you an error...
  9. Using administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using administrator account: Is it necessary to use the administrator account if I am the only person using the computer and it is a personal computer. Is there any advantage to having an administrator account. I think it is causing me some problems as I am not sure what settings are going where.....
  10. Glitches in my Administrator Account - not in other accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitches in my Administrator Account - not in other accounts: Icons on my Desktop don't work correctly (my main Administrator Account) - but work in other accounts. How do I repair my main account? Thank you in advance. 89728