Windows 10: i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

Discus and support i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why cant i pin to start screen when in a web page no option shows but pin to task bar works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stevegboa, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Stevegboa Win User

i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

why cant i pin to start screen when in a web page no option shows but pin to task bar works fine

:)

Stevegboa, Dec 18, 2020
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog.
    The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin.
    This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday following the Windows 10 upgrade to 1709.

Any ideas?
    James

JamesJoey, Dec 18, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Pin web site to start menu

Did that but no changes on start menu, if pin it to task bar then its the new icon ?
    Since it opens crome I'm guessing it can't be change.Not sure why it does on taskbar

Does anyone know if you can make web site icon with TileCreator ?

zplugger, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

Pin web site to start menu

i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok? [​IMG]

i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok? [​IMG]

You can delete the one on the desktop if you wish.

Cliff S, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok? - Similar Threads - pin web sites

2. Start pin screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start pin screen: I would like to add a few of my downloaded apps to the start pin screen . Also if I want to remove something from this screen how do i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-pin-screen/bf68f214-4814-4f35-975e-2de75de94297
  3. Start pin screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start pin screen: I would like to add a few of my downloaded apps to the start pin screen . Also if I want to remove something from this screen how do i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-pin-screen/bf68f214-4814-4f35-975e-2de75de94297
  4. Start pin screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. can not pin to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    can not pin to start: can not pin to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-pin-to-start/9314bc37-00a1-4fc6-8c20-13941c7c0274
  6. Pin web site to start missing

Pin web site to start missing: Pin web site to start missing is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-web-site-to-start-missing/2ade8ff9-2cb5-4b76-9951-7ff008c8cbb4
  7. Pinning Sites to the Start

Pinning Sites to the Start: Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try to pin them to the Start, the blue square appears and when I click it, nothing happens. Instead of saying the site name, the...
  8. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  9. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...
  10. Can I put Web Site Shortcuts in the Task Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I put Web Site Shortcuts in the Task Bar?: Can I put Web Site 'Shortcuts' in the Task Bar If so, how would I do this? I've got a Tile with a Favourite Web Site I've also got it 'Book Marked' in Favourites But since I visit this Site such a lot, it would be very handy to get to it from the 'Task Bar' 20840