Windows 10: I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

Discus and support I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This question which has been locked describes my issue virtually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SBHollingsworth, Apr 30, 2022.

1. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

This question which has been locked describes my issue virtually exactly.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-ping-sites-but-cannot-browse-them/d55d68a8-24e1-447e-a865-8f94227f2e3cI've exhausted the list of items Johnny was advised to try without getting any clues.Someone reported that running a ping -t in a nonelevated command prompt allowed limited surfing. This does not appear to work in my case.Yes, I can always reboot and get a few hours to a few days of normal connectivity, but anybody out there who says that is a solution is lying.I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bi

:)

SBHollingsworth, Apr 30, 2022
  2. ghcBuG Win User

Internet disconnects frequently while playing steam games

Yes, I can confirm that both the computer which I am starting the game on, and another computer, gets a Ping Timeout.

What happens is, i start the game. As soon as i do anything that interferes with the internet (e.g. loading up the Servers list to join a game, or sometimes i even get into the game, but gets disconnected too quick for me to start playing)

ghcBuG, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Browsers report no internet while ping works and windows reports connection

On my Windows 10 laptop from the browser (Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, Edge) trying to access internet sites reports that it can't connect after a while, but ping works. Accessing local servers is fine. Accessing sites through an explicit local proxy in Waterfox also works.

After a reboot the browsers work for a bit, but then fail.

putty telnet seems to work fine.

I've already tried steps from:

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

I've done a wireshark and it shows that TCP connections are getting reset (RST packets from the machine as far as I can tell).

The machine has Sophos Anti-virus installed. MS Office also, but not much else.

EDIT:
    I have now tried:

• Disabled the firewall - the problem still occurs.
    • Tried Opera browser as well
    • Tried wget from powershell - also reports the connection being reset, at the same time that the browsers are not working
    • Tried Privoxy - also not working when browsers direct aren't working.
    • Removed Sophos entirely in case that was causing the problem.
    • Done a malware scan with Sophos Virus Removal Tool, which found nothing.
    • Updated the wireless driver for the built-in wireless adapter.
    • Tried a USB wireless driver.
    • Tried a wired connection, which seemed to work, but maybe we didn't leave it long enough.
    • Flushing the caches of Chrome, which appeared to work for a while.

Any ideas for how to get browsing working reliably?

Douglas Leeder, Apr 30, 2022
  4. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

Wireless Network Disconnection

Wireless Network Disconnection:

Hi Experts,

I have Dell Latitude e6540 with Windows 10 (1903) is creating an issue.

When I am working on the browser on any other activity my internet connection is broken however Wireless connection is showing remains connected but i am out of the network so I need to click on disconnect and again connect and it works fine.

I have tried the below troubleshooting steps.

When the issue occurred I tried to ping 8.8.8.8 its answer is request time out
    When the issue occurred I tried to ping 192.168.1.1 (my local router IP) its answer is request time out
    Already have up to dated available Wireless LAN drivers
    Test on two different Wireless routers
    Perform these steps (https://windowsreport.com/wifi-getting-disconnected-frequently-windows-8/#:~:text=Go to Control Panel, and,on OK to save changes. )

osamamansoor, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

1. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet - Similar Threads - ping cannot browser

2. I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and...: I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and no other apps. I have Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-connected-to-wifi-but-system-says-no-internet/48ccf288-f46d-423c-99c1-d7d7ba89f365
  3. I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and...: I am connected to wifi, but system says no internet. Only browsers can access internet and no other apps. I have Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-connected-to-wifi-but-system-says-no-internet/48ccf288-f46d-423c-99c1-d7d7ba89f365
  4. Windows 11 is saying No internet, secured but I can use web browsers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is saying No internet, secured but I can use web browsers.: I have recently moved in to a new house and for some reason I cannot connect to the internet properly. I have tried EVERYTHING I have found on the internet but nothing seems to work. I can't use apps like Spotify or EA because they all say that I am offline but I can search...
  5. Windows 11 is saying No internet, secured but I can use web browsers.

Windows 11 is saying No internet, secured but I can use web browsers.: I have recently moved in to a new house and for some reason I cannot connect to the internet properly. I have tried EVERYTHING I have found on the internet but nothing seems to work. I can't use apps like Spotify or EA because they all say that I am offline but I can search...
  6. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: As I cannot follow up on @sbhollingworthI can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internetThis question which has been locked describes my issue virtually...
  7. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: As I cannot follow up on @sbhollingworthI can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internetThis question which has been locked describes my issue virtually...
  8. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: This question which has been locked describes my issue virtually exactly.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-ping-sites-but-cannot-browse-them/d55d68a8-24e1-447e-a865-8f94227f2e3cI've exhausted the list of items Johnny was advised to try without...
  10. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: This question which has been locked describes my issue virtually exactly.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-ping-sites-but-cannot-browse-them/d55d68a8-24e1-447e-a865-8f94227f2e3cI've exhausted the list of items Johnny was advised to try without...