Windows 10: I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files

Discus and support I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can play MP3 music files but not WAV files. I have looked on your website at all the fixes and tried them all. The Codex box you said to check,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wpearce, Nov 15, 2019.

1. wpearce Win User

I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files

I can play MP3 music files but not WAV files. I have looked on your website at all the fixes and tried them all. The Codex box you said to check, wasn't even available. Another suggestion [not from you] was to download VLC player. That didn't work either. I have tried everything suggested. Has anyone at Microsoft fixed this problem yet?

Please Advise.

:)

wpearce, Nov 15, 2019
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

COPY Music Folder from WAV to MP3 - HOW?

I ripped all of my CDs to WAV format. I then basically installed Google Play Music Manager onto my PC, which previously I'd used to upload my songs into the cloud, since I can have 50,000. I hadn't started ripping my CDs to WAV until recently, but decided to because MP3 sound quality, in my opinion, is bad in comparison for what I listen to. Google Play Music Manager doesn't support WAV files.

Is there a way to copy my Music Library (my Windows Music Folder) into another Music folder, but as MP3? I want to keep all of the songs in the same folders (by artist, then by album) as WMP put them in when I'd ripped them.

JOSHSKORN, Nov 15, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Napster to Sell Music as MP3 Files

Napster Inc. said Sunday it will begin selling music downloads as unprotected MP3 files in the spring, joining other online retailers. The file format change will apply only to single tracks and album purchases, according to a company press release. Tracks downloaded as part of the company's music subscription service will continue to have copyright restrictions. Unlike music files that come with copy protections embedded, MP3 files are compatible with most portable music devices, including Apple Inc.'s market-leading iPod media players, Microsoft Corp.'s Zune and mobile phones that play music. "The ubiquity and cross-platform compatibility of MP3s should create a more level playing field for music services and hardware providers and result in greater ease of use and broader adoption of digital music," Chris Gorog, Napster's chairman and chief executive, said in a statement. The company did not say which record companies had agreed to license music for sale as MP3s via Napster.

Source: Yahoo! News

malware, Nov 15, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

groove music doesn't play mp3 files

When I double click a playlist file (.wpl) in File explorer, Groove music opens and starts playing the songs in the list (mp3 files). However, when I double click any mp3 file in File explorer, Groove music opens but it doesn't play the song.

Is this by design, or what?

geotso, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I can play MP3 Music Files but not WAV files - Similar Threads - play MP3 Music

2. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  3. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  4. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  5. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  6. Error in playing .wav files

Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  7. Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.: Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10-will-not-play-the-audio-on/b884f8c8-6061-4733-b034-f97c465fb3e9
  8. Cannot Play WAV files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Play WAV files: I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, installed on a Dell XPS 8930 computer, OS build 18362.900. Attached is a Western Digital external hard drive, where many, if not most, of my mp4 and wav files are located. However, for whatever reason, I cannot play any of them....
  9. Mp3 and wav files won't open

Mp3 and wav files won't open: I go on the Libraries app on my taskbar, and try playing mp3 and wav files. When I click on them, nothing pops up, and the app says it's not responding at the top, then exists out. Help? [ATTACH]...
  10. .wav file not playing

.wav file not playing: I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when...