Windows 10: I can see a file

Discus and support I can see a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I need advice. I connect an external memory full of things in my pc. Some file name's end in js. and I can't see it. What I need to do to see those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RocioReal, Aug 10, 2020.

1. RocioReal Win User

I can see a file

Hi. I need advice. I connect an external memory full of things in my pc. Some file name's end in js. and I can't see it. What I need to do to see those files. I have Windows 10. Thanks.

:)

RocioReal, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I understand, update us as soon as you performed the suggested troubleshooting. After doing so and still the issue
    persists, kindly perform a SFC and DISM. It is possible that there is a system file corruption causing the file to disappear. To run SFC and DISM, follow these steps:

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it again for 3 times after DISM):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If possible, kindly provide us the return message so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 10, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I can see a file

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

I can see a file

1. I can see a file - Similar Threads - file

2. Why all my files are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why all my files are gone: There are no documents or application photos on my laptop. I'm using windows 10 it's like my laptop was restarted or does something have a relation to the big global pane ? But I still see the photo on drive I'm connected to it on my phone...
  3. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but exists only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  4. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but exists only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  5. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  6. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.: Instance 1:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall...
  7. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.: Instance 1:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall...
  8. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

9. How do I make an automation that replaces a file in a certain folder with another file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make an automation that replaces a file in a certain folder with another file...: I want to be able to quickly change a set of cursor png files in an application's file folder with custom ones that I have created. Right now every time this application receives an update, it resets the cursor files back to default, but I want to easily switch them back,...
  10. How do I make an automation that replaces a file in a certain folder with another file...

How do I make an automation that replaces a file in a certain folder with another file...: I want to be able to quickly change a set of cursor png files in an application's file folder with custom ones that I have created. Right now every time this application receives an update, it resets the cursor files back to default, but I want to easily switch them back,...