Windows 10: I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed

Discus and support I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; They all have windows 10 professional. Two of them have shares and are still accessible to the others, including the problem PC. The problem PC can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmeetVV, Jul 5, 2018.

1. AmeetVV Win User

I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed

They all have windows 10 professional. Two of them have shares and are still accessible to the others, including the problem PC. The problem PC can see itself in network (as can everyone else), but every time one of the pcs tries to access one of it's shares, it says:

Windows cannot access \\PROBLEMPC\SHAREDFOLDER

Details says: Error code: 0x80070035 - The network path was not found.

I've done 101 things to try and diagnose this, including both opening the firewall port 445 and disabling windows firewall completely. I don't have any other firewalls installed.

Diagnose always comes back with: The remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

The firewall log never shows any dropped packets when I try to connect to it.

I can't connect by IP address either.

File and print sharing is enabled, discovery is on, it is on a private network.

diagnostics -> ipconfig.all.txt says:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PROBLEMPC
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1C-1B-0D-9D-09-67
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f13a:a90b:4116:8d04%4(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.150(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, 4 July 2018 1:28:09 AM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, 4 July 2018 2:28:10 AM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 303831821
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-22-A8-4F-FA-1C-1B-0D-9D-09-67
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 61.9.134.49
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

:)

AmeetVV, Jul 5, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 11, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows 10 Homegroup and Networking of multiple devices on same network

We appreciate your response. What we suggest next for you is to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Set View by to Small icons and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • On the left side, select View all.
    • Click on HomeGroup and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you shutdown all the computers on your network and recreate your HomeGroup with your main computer. After recreating the HomeGroup, start each computer up and have each computer join the newly created group.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 11, 2018
  4. I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed

HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed

1. I can see and access all computers on my network except one since Homegroup was removed - Similar Threads - access computers network

2. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  3. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  4. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  5. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  6. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. why can i see every device on my network except computer

why can i see every device on my network except computer: I've turned on network discovery and file sharing. When I run the troubleshooter it says firewall or security might be blocking connection. I restored firewall to default but still cant see computer....
  8. unable to see my desktop on my network since Homegroup was removed

unable to see my desktop on my network since Homegroup was removed: Since the Windows 10 1804 update my desktop will not show in network on my two laptop computers. Makes me miss Home Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-see-my-desktop-on-my-network-since/fe1ee1db-47e0-482f-bc8b-8947574ea69f
  9. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

in Windows 10 Support
    Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other: Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1 115110
  10. Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.

Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.: Everything was fine until this week. suddenly I can't see any computers on my network except the one running win 7. I can access and see every one through the homegroup but all the computers running Win 10 (Pro) are invisible on network, but visible and accessible if I select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ALL pcs can see a pc except for one

2. member of homegroup can see all computers except for one

3. I can see my computers on the network except for the one i am using

4. i can see all network computers except one,
  5. can acces all pc on netowrk except one