Windows 10: I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

Discus and support I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HelloI have a Seagate Central wireless harddisk.It used to work fine some time ago but after some windows updates it cannot be reached ..the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosMiranda Herrera, Jun 9, 2023.

1. I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

HelloI have a Seagate Central wireless harddisk.It used to work fine some time ago but after some windows updates it cannot be reached ..the same happened to my Xiaomi Redmi note 10 phone. I can see my SC in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .What can I do?Can you please help?

:)

CarlosMiranda Herrera, Jun 9, 2023
  2. BillDuhig Win User

Seagate Central

Just done the Windows 10 Upgrade..

All ok but I cannot access my Seagate Central to view the DLNA

Downloaded Seagate central and it cannot find my DLNA box...

Any Ideas ?

BillDuhig, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Organize Your Home with Seagate Central Shared Storage

Seagate Technology plc today announced, its next-generation, networked home storage solution, Seagate Central shared storage, the first storage device to feature a Smart TV app for access to files on the big screen. A CES 2013 Innovations Honoree, Seagate Central delivers automatic backup for the entire home, access to digital movies and music from networked devices, as well as remote access from outside a home network. Seagate has also taken a new step in making Central storage a low-profile horizontal design, which takes cues from home entertainment and looks great in any living room.

Simple, Central Multi-Computer Backup

Seagate built this product for simplicity. By focusing on the number one need for homes with more than one computer, Seagate designed an easy, centralized backup for each computer in the home, regardless of operating system. Seagate retooled the software and user experience for the Seagate Central shared storage so that it seamlessly provides a backup for each system on a home network, even in a mixed platform environment of Windows OS and Mac OS X computers. In addition to automatic and continuous backup of all the computers in a home, Seagate Central can also backup photos and videos directly from Facebook, a feature first introduced in the award-winning Backup Plus line of external drives.

I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why? seagate_central_shared_storage_01_thm.jpg

"This is the ideal backup solution for the family of today, who increasingly have multiple computers, tablets and smart phones," said Scott Horn, vice president of marketing at Seagate. "We focused on what would make Central easy to use in a home setting. Consumers will find Central storage is easy-to-use as a backup solution with great-looking apps that deliver access to people's content from the world's most popular mobile devices, as well as Samsung Smart televisions and Blu-ray players."

A recent study from Parks Associates found consumers keep content in a wide variety of places including sites like Facebook. The average broadband household has 8% of their music, video, and photo content on social networking sites.

"Consumers are looking for storage solutions that help them consolidate and safeguard the content they've got scattered across a growing number of places," said John Barrett, director of Consumer Analytics at Parks Associates. "Young consumers in particular do not have central repositories of content but rather many places where content naturally ends-up as a result of their media habits."

Enjoy Your Movies and Music

In addition to its primary role as a total home backup device to organize content in one location, Central storage is also designed for easy media streaming. Once all your files and rich media are safely on the drive, Central storage organizes the content for you according to media type, such as videos, pictures, music and documents. Seagate then makes it easier than ever before to access entertainment and documents by providing free apps for Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players, as well as Apple iOS devices, Amazon Kindle HD and Android mobile devices. Central is DLNA certified and also works with Apple AirPlay, which means nearly any network-connected device can connect to it.

New App, New Look

The newly designed Seagate Media app, available for Android, Kindle Fire HD and Apple iOS, delivers a seamless, user-friendly experience for accessing, downloading or sharing files from Seagate Central shared storage. The experience is the same within the network or connecting to Central storage remotely. Files are easy to enjoy through the visually appealing app interface. Everything is organized by category as well as folder view. The Seagate media app and Seagate Central storage will ensure that you always have access to the files you need when you need them.

Pricing and Availability:

Seagate Central Shared storage will be available in March of this year for the following MSRP(s) of 2 TB, $189.99; 3 TB, $219.99; 4 TB, $259.99.

Cristian_25H, Jun 9, 2023
  4. I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

Seagate Central (SRN01C) not showing on Windows 11

Hi Nikki. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

Have you tried all of Seagate's published troubleshooting steps here:

https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/seagate-cent...

It's not on the list as supported for Windows 11:

https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/will-my-seag...

Recovering data:

https://medium.com/@ronan.conlon/recovering-you...

You can always crack open the case and remove the drive to plug it into SATA internally. But I'd get the data off first from a Windows 10 PC.

Feel free to ask back any questions. If you'll report back results for each step it can help determine what else needs to be tried. I will stick with you until it is fixed.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP now Independent Advisor, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

1. I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why? - Similar Threads - Seagate Central devices

2. I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?: HelloI have a Seagate Central wireless harddisk.It used to work fine some time ago but after some windows updates it cannot be reached ..the same happened to my Xiaomi Redmi note 10 phone. I can see my SC in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .What can I...
  3. I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see my Seagate Central in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .Why?: HelloI have a Seagate Central wireless harddisk.It used to work fine some time ago but after some windows updates it cannot be reached ..the same happened to my Xiaomi Redmi note 10 phone. I can see my SC in devices and printers but I cannot get access to it .What can I...
  4. Seagate Central SRN01C not showing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Central SRN01C not showing on Windows 11: Hello,I have a Seagate Central SRN01C that is not showing on Windows 11. On Windows 10, I had to enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS feature to get it to work. This doesn't work in Windows 11 unfortunately. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Nikki...
  5. Seagate Central SRN01C not showing on Windows 11

Seagate Central SRN01C not showing on Windows 11: Hello,I have a Seagate Central SRN01C that is not showing on Windows 11. On Windows 10, I had to enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS feature to get it to work. This doesn't work in Windows 11 unfortunately. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Nikki...
  6. Can I see why my Windows is not getting feature updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I see why my Windows is not getting feature updates?: I have a laptop (Asus X705UBR: 17 inch, Intel I5, NVidea GeForce MX110, 250GB SSD and 8GB RAM), that is not getting any feature-updates for some reason. It is still on Win10 1903. I have updates turned on (and every now and then it also installs updates), but for some reason...
  7. Windows 10 cannot access seagate central external network drive error 0x80070035. How do I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot access seagate central external network drive error 0x80070035. How do I...: Windows 10 cannot access seagate central external network drive. I get error 0x80070035. How do I fix this? This problem has existed for a long time, but I would like to fix this, due to upcoming end of support of Windows 7. My windows 7 PC can still access the drive....
  8. I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers: Hi, We have a Windows Server 2012R2 as a print server and Windows 10-1903 clients. When I add a new printer, I can’t see printers on my “devices and printers”, I can see them in device manager, or PowerShell (Get-Printer) or I can see on word-print menu! Current...
  9. Why can i not see my password on my recipent device with

Why can i not see my password on my recipent device with: Hi there, Please assist. Why can i not see my password on my recipient device with my primary log in. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall? Thanks, Mike...
  10. I can see Devices, but Cannot Open Networked Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see Devices, but Cannot Open Networked Devices: I recently installed Windows 10 on a laptop. I have a bunch of computers on the network to include a WD MyCloud and a shared printer. The Win 10 computer can 'see' the devices in Network file explorer. When I attempt to open a computer or the MyCloud, I get an error message...