Windows 10: I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

Discus and support I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 on an ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable but can not connect to our WiFi network. Other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlohaK, Sep 29, 2021.

1. AlohaK Win User

I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

Hi, I have Windows 10 on an ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable but can not connect to our WiFi network. Other devices in our home can connect to the WiFi except for this ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can see my neighbor's WiFi networks from the laptop.I am working on these steps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-wi-fi-connection-issues-in-windows-9424a1f7-6a3b-65a6-4d78-7f07eee84d2c"If you can connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable, it confirms the connection problem is due to the Wi-Fi router."I suspect that the problem is with the router al

:)

AlohaK, Sep 29, 2021
  2. Tim P. Win User

WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Sep 29, 2021
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Sep 29, 2021
  4. I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

wifi network recconnects automatically to another wifi network.............

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uncheck the option to automatically connect to the network (networkprofile~), try to remove the connection by choosing forget connection and check if it helps.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

1. I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own - Similar Threads - other's WiFi networks

2. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  3. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  4. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  6. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  7. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  8. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  9. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

10. Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.: I don't know what happened but it will show a full list of available networks but won't show either of mine. I even tried to connect to it without having to click on it. What's going on? My other devices are connecting just fine. submitted by /u/Mel_Learns_Life [link]...