Windows 10: I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

Discus and support I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I think it's strange. In my C: these folders are protected, I cannot go inside them. Also, I know that Microsoft don't want users to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, Jun 2, 2017.

1. I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

Hi,

I think it's strange.

In my C: these folders are protected, I cannot go inside them. Also, I know that Microsoft don't want users to go inside the folders related to the Modern App.

I have many Modern Apps that are located to D:

Today, I discovered that I have FULL ACCESS to the folder D:\WindowsApps and D:\WpSystem.

They are in EFS but I can access in every file inside them.

This is a problem of my OS or this is normality?
    I don't think Microsoft wants an user to touch them so easily (just like the ones in C:\ that user cannot even go inside).

:)

Pipppero2007, Jun 2, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 2, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders :(

oh gawd wat to do ? I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders :)

musum, Jun 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

You might find this tutorial helpful - it relates to changing location for windows apps and gives a link to how to move apps to a new location. Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10

Two important points: you can only have one location at a time to save apps to; and you can't use mapped drives.

I think its normal for the new location files to be accessible but it will only be by you in your account.

philc43, Jun 2, 2017
  5. For me whats matter is that the two folders visible and with efs on them is a NORMAL THING and not an issue.

thanks

Pipppero2007, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

1. I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders - Similar Threads - WindowsApps WpSystem Package

2. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  3. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  4. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  5. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Accidentally moved the WindowsApps folder to WpSystem and can't move it, remove it or...

Accidentally moved the WindowsApps folder to WpSystem and can't move it, remove it or...: I was trying to get into the WindowsApps folder to see what is inside and to see if I have any apps installed that didn't show up in Windows Store. I accidentally moved the folder into the WpSystem folder and now I get errors whenever I try to access the folder in any...
  7. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  8. What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...: After having attempted to install MS Flight Simulator via Xbox Gamepass and several Steam games to my secondary hard drive I've noticed that some of my games no longer launch and that there are Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders now appearing in my secondary...
  9. help !! i dont know why the folders WpSystem and WindowsApps showing in my other partition...

in Windows 10 Customization
    help !! i dont know why the folders WpSystem and WindowsApps showing in my other partition...: One day i noticed there was many strange folders on my other partition drive which i named " E " that is also my game drive and i noticed these folder should be on " C " drive these folders names were 1- Deliveryoptimization 2- WpSystem 3- WindowsApps and i got very...
  10. WpSystem folder

WpSystem folder: I am planning on cloning my windows drive to a different hard drive. As i was clearing off the drive i am going to clone windows to, there was one folder which didn't move. It is the WpSystem folder. When i attempted to move it, it said "your organization does not allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpsystem folder

2. wpsystem file

3. wpsystem

4. wpsystem delete,
  5. what is wpsystem folder,
  6. can i delete wpsystem folder,
  7. what is wpsystem,
  8. windows restore wpsystem,
  9. can you delete wpsystem files,
  10. delete wpsystem folder,
  11. cant find wpsystem,
  12. delete windowsapps and wpsystem folders,
  13. I cant delete copy move and rename an application folder which is in wpsystem in pc