Windows 10: I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...

Discus and support I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So when I go to use that email address to make a new account, it then tells me it already exists.I've been working on this problem for months. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Stephen H__, Sep 13, 2021.

1. I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...

So when I go to use that email address to make a new account, it then tells me it already exists.I've been working on this problem for months. I can't log onto anything Microsoft wise directly through my computer, only through a browser. This all happened after I changed my primary alias from an old email I no longer have access to, to my current email address I use every day. I've checked every YouTube video, every solution on this website and other forums and nothing. I can barely get in touch with anyone at Microsoft with this issue. I can't log into the Microsoft Store, Xbox, Outlook, Exce

:)

Stephen H__, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that... :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cortana keeps saying theres a problem with signing in im not computer savey,

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Convert Microsoft Account to Local account and restart the system and again try to convert Local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

• Go to All settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Sign in with Local account instead and follow the on screen instructions.

• And again change it Microsoft account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2021
  4. I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that...

1. I can sign into my microsoft account online no problem but my computer keeps saying "that... - Similar Threads - sign microsoft account

2. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.: I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned a Apple Mac Book Air for eleven years and never had a single issue. Anyway I digress, how am I able to sign into Microsoft...
  3. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.: I dont have multiple keyboards. I have been using computers since I was 10 years old. Why are problems like this so consistent with Microsoft. I owned a Apple Mac Book Air for eleven years and never had a single issue. Anyway I digress, how am I able to sign into Microsoft...
  4. My computer doesnt recognize my password. I can sign on to Microsoft online no problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...: I logged into my personal Microsoft account on a laptop at work, now when viewing the local account on the work laptop, my personal Microsoft account shows. I would like to remove my personal account from the local account on the laptop but I can't delete the local profile....
  6. I can't sign into my Microsoft account. . It says that sign into this Computer using your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't sign into my Microsoft account. . It says that sign into this Computer using your...: ScreenshotPlz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-into-my-microsoft-account-it-says-that/546a7c70-2f72-430c-8e7b-0a55d9dead8a
  7. I can not sign in to anything on my computer with my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not sign in to anything on my computer with my account.: When I attempt to sign into anything that requires my Microsoft account, it will not work. It will bring up the account selection screen and I click on the account that is mine and the one I want to use and then it will load for about 10 seconds and bring up the error:...
  8. Problem - sign in to my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem - sign in to my Microsoft account: It keeps saying that credentials are incorrect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-sign-in-to-my-microsoft-account/89185711-2c4d-4643-ba34-0b29bb8479cd"
  9. Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?: Or will it at least let me merge the two/keep my settings and files from my local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sign-in-with-a-microsoft-account-and-keep-my/5303135f-073a-4f4d-91ed-5f4deb347fd2
  10. Problems signing in with my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems signing in with my Microsoft account: Supposedly you are supposed to have one Microsoft account that allows access to everything. But I have had two different ones forever. I've got one that signs me into OneDrive, and then I've got the one for my live.com account. The one I have always used to sign into...