Windows 10: I can;t open settings on Windows 10

Discus and support I can;t open settings on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open Setting on Windows 10. I am trying to access my photos which won't open either. Was suggested I change settings, but first I need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanetteGollan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. I can;t open settings on Windows 10

I can't open Setting on Windows 10. I am trying to access my photos which won't open either. Was suggested I change settings, but first I need to be able to get into Settings, What has gone wrong?

:)

JanetteGollan, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

I can;t open settings on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

I can;t open settings on Windows 10

1. I can;t open settings on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - open settings

2. Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings: This also applies to the sound settings as well when I try to access it by right clicking the speaker icon. Any idea how to fix this? I've only found one solution so far and that's for me to create a new user account and delete the one that I currently have, but I don't want...
  3. In Windows 10 settings app does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Windows 10 settings app does not open: Today I update my window 10, then i see that the setting option is doesn't working. Please tell me how i solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-settings-app-does-not-open/1cd94f8b-99d7-4c38-b2dd-936362d92a9d
  4. Restore settings so I can open safe websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore settings so I can open safe websites: For some strange reason I'm not able to log in to safe websites like Kroger, Publix, Walmart etc. I've troubleshooted damned near everything I know to do and abled, disabled, reset cookies, cache, et al. All to no avail. This happens in whatever browser I use. HELP!!!...
  5. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  6. Settings wont open and i cant fix it

Settings wont open and i cant fix it: so basically i need to change some other problems by opening settings and changing them back, but whenever i try to open settings a window pops up that says "Class not registered". I looked it up and it said to use the "regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll " command in cmd.exe, but...
  7. Windows 10 Display settings closes as soon as opened - Solved

Windows 10 Display settings closes as soon as opened - Solved: The crashing of the System/Display settings gui in Windows 10 can be solved by enabling the Connected Devices Platform Service" (CDPSvc) and "Network Connection Broker" (NcbService) services. https://www.nyitsupport.com/2020/07/windows-10-display-settings-closes-as.html...
  8. settings app in windows 10 wont open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings app in windows 10 wont open: setting app in windows 10 wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-in-windows-10-wont-open/f5c287d8-729e-417f-b340-285d62d63809
  9. Windows 10 Setting NO DIALOG BOX OPENING

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Setting NO DIALOG BOX OPENING: From a few days my settings is not giving me the dialog boxes. I want to make another user but everytime I click the add user button, the dialog box crashing. Please help...
  10. Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows "Change Adapter Option's" not opening via "Settings" menu: Good evening..... I am using a Dell G3 Laptop, with the 2004 Windows 10 Update recently installed. I have tried searching google for the answer's but cannot find it anywhere.... So, what happens is this.... If I open my Settings menu, go to my networking and wifi...