Windows 10: I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device

Discus and support I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my password recently because my brother keeps touching my stuff and he knows my old password, I tried to changed it but its still accepts the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarryObiedo, May 8, 2022.

1. I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device

I changed my password recently because my brother keeps touching my stuff and he knows my old password, I tried to changed it but its still accepts the old password I gave to the system. What should I do?

:)

HarryObiedo, May 8, 2022

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, May 8, 2022
  3. How do I change the Windows log-in password to unlock the computer, NOT my Windows account password?

Hi Ralph,

There are several steps that you can follow to reset your Windows password. Here's how:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Note: If you are logged on as an administrator, you can create and change passwords for all user accounts on the computer.

Warning: If you use an administrator account to change password for another account, any encrypted files or e-mail messages for that other account will no longer be accessible to the person who was using that account.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 8, 2022
Thema:

I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device

1. I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device - Similar Threads - old password changed

2. How can I change my password back to an old password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my password back to an old password?: Microsoft forces you to change your password for absolutely no real reason, and it makes their products not worth using. It will not allow me to change my password back to one of the many that I could remember, thus again using their products becomes useless. Is there some...
  3. How can I change my password back to an old password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my password back to an old password?: Microsoft forces you to change your password for absolutely no real reason, and it makes their products not worth using. It will not allow me to change my password back to one of the many that I could remember, thus again using their products becomes useless. Is there some...
  4. How can I change my password back to an old password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...: So, I gave the password of my computer to my relatives while I was out and now I want to change it due to personal reasons. I can't change it because it keeps saying that it is incorrect? I am just inputting the password I use when booting a computer. If it really is...
  6. I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...

I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...: So, I gave the password of my computer to my relatives while I was out and now I want to change it due to personal reasons. I can't change it because it keeps saying that it is incorrect? I am just inputting the password I use when booting a computer. If it really is...
  7. I can log into my computer with my password but I can't change the password saying its...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device

I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device: I changed my password recently because my brother keeps touching my stuff and he knows my old password, I tried to changed it but its still accepts the old password I gave to the system. What should I do?...
  9. I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can use my old password even I changed it logging in to my computer device: I changed my password recently because my brother keeps touching my stuff and he knows my old password, I tried to changed it but its still accepts the old password I gave to the system. What should I do?...
  10. Can't log in even if I changed password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in even if I changed password: So I tried to log off a temp profile so I looked online and saw a website to tell me what to do, here it is https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/fix-signed-in-temporary-profile-windows-10/%3famp I used method 3 I deleted a profileimagepath and now I can't log on to...