Windows 10: I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

Discus and support I can Windows hello on one account but not on another in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently tried to add a new fingerprint to my Microsoft account on my Lenovo IdeaPad 14 inch I five and it has said something went wrong. Try... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MagerBoss21, Nov 12, 2020.

1. I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

I have recently tried to add a new fingerprint to my Microsoft account on my Lenovo IdeaPad 14 inch I five and it has said something went wrong. Try again later. I have tried rebooting my drivers. And all that stuff. I am able to access it all on one of my other accounts on this computer but unable to do it on my main account can anyone please help?I have attached photos as proof I can Windows hello on one account but not on another 24eb3498-90c2-43e0-a7b7-0c44e55ae478?upload=true.png This on on the account with the problem I can Windows hello on one account but not on another 9400ca3e-1476-45d2-8a1e-a0df3f081cbe?upload=true.png Vs

:)

MagerBoss21, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I can Windows hello on one account but not on another :(

Zakin, Nov 12, 2020
  4. I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

1. I can Windows hello on one account but not on another - Similar Threads - hello account another

2. can i be signed into xbox with one microsoft account and be signed into windows with another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i be signed into xbox with one microsoft account and be signed into windows with another: my friend is getting a pc pretty soon and he has an xbox account that he has been playing on for a few years, the only problem is that its his dads Microsoft account I just want to know if it would be possible to sign into xbox stuff with that Microsoft account and make a new...
  3. can i be signed into xbox with one microsoft account and be signed into windows with another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i be signed into xbox with one microsoft account and be signed into windows with another: my friend is getting a pc pretty soon and he has an xbox account that he has been playing on for a few years, the only problem is that its his dads Microsoft account I just want to know if it would be possible to sign into xbox stuff with that Microsoft account and make a new...
  4. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  5. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  6. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.: Here is what I am trying to do on a Windows 10 Home laptop. I have two accounts. Let's call them Bert and Ernie for ease of explaining. Bert is the administrator of this laptop and his account is tied to a Microsoft account. Ernie is a local account and could be...
  8. How can I change my profile (Microsoft Account) to another one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change my profile (Microsoft Account) to another one?: Hello! Since I got this laptop, I have always used a family member's Microsoft account, the same that he uses on his own laptop, just today I wanted to change the name and profile picture that appears when my laptop is locked, and found out that I would have to modify his...
  9. Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?: Hello, I have registered over 10 games on my EA account. Unfortunately it happened that I did not register this one game on the EA Account where most of my games are registered, but it is registered as the only game on a second EA Account. Now every time I want to start...
  10. Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?: When minecraft windows 10 was announced years ago, I redeemed it on an account, and currently I do not use that account. I made a new account with my main email address much later, as I forgot about my old one, which is now the account I have all my friends on and my...