Windows 10: I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset

Discus and support I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically whats happening is I can see the slider, and I can change the volume with the buttons on my laptop. But the volume doesnt actually change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Konap, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Konap Win User

I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset

So basically whats happening is I can see the slider, and I can change the volume with the buttons on my laptop. But the volume doesnt actually change. Not sure whats happening, thanks! (Windows 10)

:)

Konap, Jun 1, 2020

2. Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth problem

Hi Yosef Persin,

Based on the information you have provided, it seems like the Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset is already connected since it is showing from Devices and Printers. I suggest that you set the Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset as your default playback
    and recording device. To do this follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the volume icon from the System tray on the lower right side of your desktop.
    2. Choose Playback devices.
    3. Go to Playback tab, select Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset (driver) and then click
      Set Default.
    4. Click Apply and then hit OK.
    5. Go to Recording tab, select Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset (driver) and then click
      Set Default.
    6. Click Apply and then hit OK.
    7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 1, 2020
  3. dgintz Win User
    Getting sound from Bose AE2 Soundlink headset

OK, having the same problem - BUT GOT IT FIXED. The steps below should only have to be executed once, but you may have to do them again if you update the bluetooth driver (not really sure of this) Here's how I did it:

• Correct "Services" settings
      • Image of services
        I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset 26a9581d-d2c2-48e1-afb6-5b0ea4fc3e58.jpg
      • In search-bar/Cortana, enter "services"
      • Find "Bluetooth Handsfree Service" (Status was blank/off) - select/highlight this line
      • Double-click that line to open settings for "Bluetooth Handsfree Service"
      • Change "Start-up Type" to "Automatic" (service will start auto AT NEXT REBOOT)
      • In top-left pane of "Services", click "Start" to get the services started
    • Pair Bose with Laptop (bluetooth)
      • The status sequence may say "Paired, Connected, Paired" - this is what it did to me and I got it working using these steps, so not sure if "Connected" is the final state in all situations - mine says "Connected" in the bluetooth "show devices" when the
        headset is on, and "Paired" when the headset is turned off
    • Setup Bose in Devices and Printers

• In search-bar/Cortana, enter "devices and printers"
    • Open Devices/Printers control panel
    • Find/select Bose headset
    • Image -
      I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset 71c06f14-fd5c-4aab-933c-3169f093120e.jpg
    • Double-click Bose headset to open settings
    • Image -
      I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset f90c6ffb-83f5-4c41-a051-8b7099f1a9f7.jpg
    • Locate "Music and Audio" section - click "Connect" (sound should now come in your headset)
    • Close dialogs
    • Verify Bose installed as a Playback Device
      • Right-click System-Tray/Speaker icon
      • Select Playback Devices
      • Image -
        I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset 939dab82-2b89-4bef-99f5-6375880a0605.jpg
      • You should see Headset enabled and selected.
      • Turn off headset
      • You should see Headset dim and not selected
      • Turn on headset
      • You should once again see Headset enabled and selected.

If the above steps do not get your headset connected and working, verify you have the latest bluetooth drivers from your computer's manufacturer website (call their service/support desk to get them if need be). Once you have installed those, try the above
    steps again.

dgintz, Jun 1, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset :p

cadaveca, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset - Similar Threads - cannnot change volume

2. headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone to record, the problem is that my headphones is too loud through my USB microphone. I'm using this one before with no problem but recently it keeps changing the volume and there is no option to adjust....
  3. headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone to record, the problem is that my headphones is too loud through my USB microphone. I'm using this one before with no problem but recently it keeps changing the volume and there is no option to adjust....
  4. headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone for recording , the problem is that the headset is too loud through my USB microphone.I put my USB microphone and headphone and using it casually. But occasionally the volume goes up and really too loud. I cannot adjust the options since there are no...
  6. Headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone for recording , the problem is that the headset is too loud through my USB microphone.I put my USB microphone and headphone and using it casually. But occasionally the volume goes up and really too loud. I cannot adjust the options since there are no...
  7. Windows 11: Cannnot listen to music with Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Cannnot listen to music with Bluetooth headset: Hi, I am using Windows 11 on HP ProBook 450 G8. I would like to connect my Bluetooth headphones Bose QCSE II.I successfuly paired and connected them they were working for a day. But then they are still connected, but they are not present in Music devices list:Which obviously...
  8. Windows 11: Cannnot listen to music with Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Cannnot listen to music with Bluetooth headset: Hi, I am using Windows 11 on HP ProBook 450 G8. I would like to connect my Bluetooth headphones Bose QCSE II.I successfuly paired and connected them they were working for a day. But then they are still connected, but they are not present in Music devices list:Which obviously...
  9. Volume/Headset in general.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume/Headset in general.: Hi. My laptop Acer Spin 5 had some general audio issues. Although I managed to stop it, my headset was projecting my own voice back to me I fixed it by unplugging then plugging in the headset USB. This issue is ongoing, being that my volume is stuck on 100. I've tried to...
  10. Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed: Hi guys, i have a jbl t500bt headset and for some reason i cant control the volume using windows volume slider or my keyboards control( it does show that the sound level has changed but i see no change) and weirdly enough the sound level changes when i use my headsets built...