Windows 10: i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

Discus and support i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; dear sir /madam, i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop isha pulintara... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IshaPulintara, Nov 22, 2020.

1. i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

dear sir /madam,

i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

isha pulintara

:)

IshaPulintara, Nov 22, 2020

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Nov 22, 2020
  4. i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

Not able to reduce brightness after window update

After last window update my screen brightness always remain at 100%. i am not able to reduce it. I am using HP G42-488TU.

JatinGoyal1089, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

1. i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop - Similar Threads - cannot able reduce

2. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot change my laptop's brightness: Recently I got windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now I cannot change my laptop's brightness. I have tried updating driver but nothing is working. what should i do now?...
  3. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot change my laptop's brightness: Recently I got windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now I cannot change my laptop's brightness. I have tried updating driver but nothing is working. what should i do now?...
  4. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display: Hello … hope you are doing great my laptop keep reduces the brightness whenever I connect a second display or disconnect it is there any option in setting to let the brightness stays 100% brighter even if I connect or disconnect a second display thank you ....
  6. The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness of laptop screen reduces when connect or disconnect a second display: Hello … hope you are doing great my laptop keep reduces the brightness whenever I connect a second display or disconnect it is there any option in setting to let the brightness stays 100% brighter even if I connect or disconnect a second display thank you ....
  7. Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically: Brightness of my laptop gets reduces automatically and becomes zero. Even if increased back to normal, brightness goes down again and again. Tried updating the drivers but still no happiness. How could this be resolved?...
  8. not able to adjust my brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    not able to adjust my brightness: i am not abke to adjust my brightness even after i updated my display driver. when i switch on computer it is set to slow brightness and again if i restart it is switched to maxed out and i am not able to adjust it....
  9. My display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display brightness: My display is so light I can barely see it. Only screen app I can see clearly is Fb. I changed brightness and did not help. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-brightness/418543c2-0182-4e8e-b25e-3029b986f3e5
  10. I cannot change my screen/display brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot change my screen/display brightness: Dear readers, I recently updated my windows os to the latest update, and I cannot seem to change my brightness setting. I tried everything that I read online, from uninstalling and restarting my display drivers to trying to use 3rd party apps with no avail. I also tried to...