Windows 10: I cannot access anything on my pc

Discus and support I cannot access anything on my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Pc is login in standard user, and I can't do anything like installing any app or even resetting my pc for sake of solving this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SrishtiSadhna, Jul 16, 2021.

1. I cannot access anything on my pc

My Pc is login in standard user, and I can't do anything like installing any app or even resetting my pc for sake of solving this issue

:)

SrishtiSadhna, Jul 16, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2021
  4. I cannot access anything on my pc

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

I cannot access anything on my pc

1. I cannot access anything on my pc - Similar Threads - cannot access anything

2. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  3. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  4. I cannot access anything belong to microsoft !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot access anything belong to microsoft !!!: I got an issue with my browser and microsoftWith browser : i cannot access some sites especially microsoft site . it said that my network is not private . error messager NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKEDWith microsoft: i cannot open microsoft store , i cant even install UWP Some...
  5. cannot access my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot access my PC: sorry for my English, let's start with how my computer was very laggy so I restarted it, after that I can't log on, when I push the power on button, there should be several seconds of startup screen before the password section but it just goes empty white/blue for a few...
  6. Cannot search anything on my PC

in Cortana
    Cannot search anything on my PC: Hi I am unable to perform search neither on windows tab or taskbar. search option non functional in whole pc. nor is cortana functioning. it just keeps running for ages without any result. most of the time cortana fails to recognize any voice comand....
  7. I Seriously Cannot Access My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Seriously Cannot Access My PC: This appeared out of nowhere. Everything's just suddenly changed. I've only tried 2 solutions and both of them: don't work i'm doing wrong. I can't even access the login screen! I've tried and i've tried for countless hours trying to get my PC back. Please anybody, i'm in...
  8. I cannot install anything on my PC!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot install anything on my PC!: Please can anyone help? I cannot install anything on my PC! As in this question by another user: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-5-access-denied-setup-unable-to-create-the/e9e9ad9b-9a81-4a99-962e-3e5f0708a855 When I try to install...
  9. I cannot do anything to my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot do anything to my pc: so after doing what the community told me i cannot do anything to my pc. I tried resetiing it but gives me error. Im stuck on the blue screen where i cant do anything to help me but cmd. I did like to keep my personal data. Please helpme. The only working thing is cmd and...
  10. Cannot access anything google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access anything google: This problem started only this morning, I am using a surface pro 4 with windows 10. I've attempted to reach youtube, google, and gmail and none seem to work. But everything else does work, like IGN, Facebook, and Microsoft.com. I've done a dns flush, I've reset the modem...