Windows 10: I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive

Discus and support I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have inserted flash drive. Info I need is on flash drive, H, but I cannot find H drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kerryarnoldvp, Jul 29, 2019.

1. I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive

I have inserted flash drive. Info I need is on flash drive, H, but I cannot find H drive

:)

kerryarnoldvp, Jul 29, 2019

2. Problem with h drive.

Hi Maria,

You can use the File Explorer to scan your external thumb drive. To get started, please follow the steps below.

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Locate the H drive that you'd like to scan.
    • Right-click it and select Properties.
    • Go to Tools tab and click Check under
      Error checking
      section.

Feel free to respond if you need additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 29, 2019
  3. How to install Windows XP on a separate internal h/drive

Thank you to all who have responded so fast! Here's some more info, i have Win10 already installed on one h/drive & need to know in simple steps how to install Win XP on my 2nd h/drive which is internally mounted & empty. I know how to switch between them once the 2 systems are installed.

Brane Freez, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Neemobeer Win User

I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive

Drive H: reserved for system nearly full

If it's the system partition, it typically contains your boot information for starting the computer. It doesn't typically get assigned a drive letter. You can press [Windows key + x] select "Disk Management". If you see the H drive with the label "system partition" then that is all it is. Assuming the partition is on your main disk (Disk 0) you can remove the drive letter as follows
    • Open an elevated command prompt
    • Type diskpart
    • Type list disk
    • Identify which disk the system partition is on (you can do this from disk management)
    • Select the disk withselect disk #
    • Now list the partitions with list vol
    • Look for the one with System under the info column
    • Select it with select vol #
    • Now remove the drive letter with ​remove letter=H

Neemobeer, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive

1. I cannot access info on a flash drive. Info is on H drive but I cannot find H drive - Similar Threads - cannot access info

2. Drive H showing as NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive H showing as NTFS: if i try to open the drive a dialogue box shows and it says H:/ is not accessible access is denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-h-showing-as-ntfs/cbd9d072-d63a-4549-9f30-d2c4908407f9
  3. Drive H showing as NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive H showing as NTFS: if i try to open the drive a dialogue box shows and it says H:/ is not accessible access is denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-h-showing-as-ntfs/cbd9d072-d63a-4549-9f30-d2c4908407f9
  4. Drive H showing as NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. where do I find the flash drive info on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do I find the flash drive info on Windows: where do I find the flash drive info on Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-flash-drive-info-on-windows/5ae8fed4-54b4-4687-a43c-5a2c425ff6bf
  6. where do I find the flash drive info on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do I find the flash drive info on Windows: where do I find the flash drive info on Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-flash-drive-info-on-windows/5ae8fed4-54b4-4687-a43c-5a2c425ff6bf
  7. H Drive not opening - Lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H Drive not opening - Lost files: So last week, my laptop took too long to open and when it did, it seemed as if it was new with clean folders but i found everything in the SSD and MOVED them to where they belonged. I didn't know the SSD was the main Drive. Next day my laptop is back to normal as if yesterday...
  8. D drive info missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive info missing: a thumb drive I have been using is now not working and my computer now says i have to reformat it and that by doing so I will lose all data I have on the drive. Any idea how I can save my info?...
  9. Can't See Files on H Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't See Files on H Drive: Hello, I put a CD in my H Drive. Windows opens the drive and this is what I see (picture below). I know there are files on this CD, but to be sure I checked properties and it says there that over 200 MBs have been used with over 400 remaining. I checked settings too and it...
  10. Missing h Drive at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing h Drive at Startup: Hi, since the last Windows 10 update my h drive fails to appear after startup. This is a Seagate USB expansion drive. Pulling out the USB cable and reconnecting solves the problem but it re-occurs again at the next startup. Can you please help?...