Windows 10: I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...

Discus and support I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last night, I was removing some files from my device that were unneeded and they were just not going away for some reason. There were also files in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brayden Sabin, Feb 23, 2024.

1. I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...

Last night, I was removing some files from my device that were unneeded and they were just not going away for some reason. There were also files in my recycling bin that weren't going away. After doing some digging, I found out I could use Windows PowerShell to force remove these files which worked! I wanted to make sure they were officially gone, so I rebooted my laptop. When I went it the D: driver to check if the files were there, the driver didn't open and it said it wasn't even in my PC. I right clicked the drive and pressed open and this message popped up: "D:\ is unavailable. If the loc

:)

Brayden Sabin, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Doug575 Win User
    Windows Explorer Issue-Duplicate D:\ after relocating files

Thank you both for the assistance! For Keith: I created 2 new folders on the D:\ drive as you instructed: Documents and Videos, then I moved the associated files/folders as you instructed into the new folders. I've attached a screenshot of what the directory in Explorer now looks like (note the duplicate D:\ drives under 'This PC'.
    I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and... 55835d1640669330t-windows-explorer-issue-duplicate-d-after-relocating-files-screen-shot-explorer.jpg
    For the next step, I want to be sure that I make the correct changes in the registry (and I certainly don't want to make anything worse!). When I open the registry as you instructed, I see under Personal the current Value is D:\. Under My Video it is C:\Users\'my user initials'\Video. Are you suggesting that I rename Personal to D:\Documents, then change the value to the new 'string' that you suggested and rename My Video to D:\Videos, also inserting the new 'string' that you suggested? Again, many, many thanks for your assistance!

Doug575, Feb 23, 2024
  4. I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...

Drive D appears with question mark in explorer and is not accessible even after updating drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to access the D drive on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • ​Is the D: drive an internal drive or an external hard drive?
    • Are you aware of any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Method 1: Run Chkdsk

Checks the file system and file system metadata of a volume for logical and physical errors.
    We would suggest you to refer this article and perform
    CHKDSK/f on the PC.

Method 2: Update the hardware drivers.

We would suggest you to click on Detect Driver tab beside “Let us analyze your system to find the latest updates” from
    Dell Website and follow the onscreen steps. Also, if the Dell
    Alienware 15 R2 is running Intel storage, then install and update the

Intel driver

Please help us with the screenshot of the Disk Management window
    (Press Windows + X key > Select Disk Management) for further investigation. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...

1. I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and... - Similar Threads - cannot access driver

2. I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my D: driver. The only place I can see it is my File Explorer Home and...: Last night, I was removing some files from my device that were unneeded and they were just not going away for some reason. There were also files in my recycling bin that weren't going away. After doing some digging, I found out I could use Windows PowerShell to force remove...
  3. Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update: After I installed the latest Windows 11 update, I can no longer see Quick Access/pinned folders in HOME when I open File Explorer. I can only see "RECOMMENDED", "FAVORITES", and "RECENT". I attempted to upload a screenshot, but the upload failed.How can I fix this?...
  4. Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update: After I installed the latest Windows 11 update, I can no longer see Quick Access/pinned folders in HOME when I open File Explorer. I can only see "RECOMMENDED", "FAVORITES", and "RECENT". I attempted to upload a screenshot, but the upload failed.How can I fix this?...
  5. I can only see my taskbar and I cannot see my cursor and every other app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only see my taskbar and I cannot see my cursor and every other app.: I can only see applications opened on the taskbar but I cannot see anything else like the app details, cursor and every app on the background. How can I fix this?...
  6. I can only see my taskbar and I cannot see my cursor and every other app.

I can only see my taskbar and I cannot see my cursor and every other app.: I can only see applications opened on the taskbar but I cannot see anything else like the app details, cursor and every app on the background. How can I fix this?...
  7. I cannot access my D: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my D: drive: So I'm trying to transfer some stuff over to my second drive so I have space on my main for things like games and apps I have downloaded, I basically did all that but then I just transferred everything back to the original drive because I couldn't open the second drive. I've...
  8. I cannot access my D: drive

I cannot access my D: drive: So I'm trying to transfer some stuff over to my second drive so I have space on my main for things like games and apps I have downloaded, I basically did all that but then I just transferred everything back to the original drive because I couldn't open the second drive. I've...
  9. I cannot access my D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. i can see something rare in my networking place

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can see something rare in my networking place: when i can on my network discovery option i see on router of my internet connection and i find another of TP link [ATTACH]for remove this unkwon icon i try many things i remove all my laptop deta but its still showing in network why i,m worry about it. maybe be is some kind...