Windows 10: I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors.

Discus and support I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, I have literally been trying to work on this the entire day - leading me to a full PC reset. I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection no matter... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Whitegirl7thst3, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors.

Okay, I have literally been trying to work on this the entire day - leading me to a full PC reset.
    I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection no matter the cause. I have tried using ownership over it and my administrative account. When I download certain files I get the message "IPersistFile: save failed; code 0x80070002". When I try to download a lockdown browser (for school) I cannot download it because of, what I believe, is the security, so I get the error message "Cannot find specified file".
    I do not have any other antivirus on here. I used to have Malwarebytes, but recently deleted it (younger sister was on computer and did that by accident - she didn't download anything, though) so I feel improperly deleting it may have caused an issue - what are my options? I have worked nearly 10 hours on this and contacting support has been no help, especially after waiting on the phone for 35 minutes. Thanks, guys.

:)

Whitegirl7thst3, Apr 26, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Apr 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors.

Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors.

1. I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection//some errors. - Similar Threads - cannot access Virus

2. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  3. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  4. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I cannot access virus and threat protection in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access virus and threat protection in windows 11: Alright, I got this computer from my mom after she hasn't used it for a while. I did a factory reset and uninstalled the leftover files from the installed antivirus.I have a big issue now though.Virus and Threat protection is completely hidden and inaccessible for me.Every...
  6. I cannot access virus and threat protection in windows 11

I cannot access virus and threat protection in windows 11: Alright, I got this computer from my mom after she hasn't used it for a while. I did a factory reset and uninstalled the leftover files from the installed antivirus.I have a big issue now though.Virus and Threat protection is completely hidden and inaccessible for me.Every...
  7. I cant access Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access Virus & Threat protection: I recently reset my computer and I can't access Virus & Threat protection this is the image of my problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-virus-threat-protection/1ff35003-7d00-4f32-a7e4-0d48152e8f36
  8. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  9. virus and threat protection is not accessible

virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  10. I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot access Virus & Threat Protection.: I am trying to disable real-time protection to download an application that is being falsely marked as a virus only because it changes values in other applications. Whenever I try to open Virus & Threat Protection through the search bar, it gives me a popup box telling me...