Windows 10: I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings

Discus and support I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am a victim of the October/November 2020 Update debacle. It has been a very bad few weeks. I'm trying to open up Windows 10 settings. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nocternal, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Nocternal Win User

I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings

I am a victim of the October/November 2020 Update debacle. It has been a very bad few weeks.

I'm trying to open up Windows 10 settings.

Windows Start button = Unresponsive

Keyboard Windows + i = Unresponsive

Taskbar Search Box = Unresponsive

Run prompt ms-settings: = Unresponsive

There are no longer any notifications for much of anything showing up in my taskbar, so I won't know if or when a Windows 10 update has downloaded.

This is making me wonder if I am even going to be able to install any further updates, or even reset this PC if things get that bleak.

My plan was to go into settings and just monitor for when a new update was available, and get it that way. Now I'm not even sure what to do. The functionality of this machine just keeps deteriorating.

What was Microsoft even thinking, releasing an update this badly inept?

:)

Nocternal, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Settings

2. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings: Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have tried wscvsc registry but it's not working. Please can anyone help me out...
  3. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings: Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have tried wscvsc registry but it's not working. Please can anyone help me out...
  4. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  5. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  6. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot access windows 10 settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access windows 10 settings.: Hi Community Support, My problem is I cannot access windows 10 settings. I have tried most of the recommendations. Even tried to reinstall application without success. Please help. Thanks...
  8. I cannot open settings or access account as administrator on windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot open settings or access account as administrator on windows 10.: The settings app just flicks on for split second and disappers. Command promt keeps saying access is denied or this command is for administrator. I accessed my computer using safe mode and was able to open settings and give commands as administrator. Is this happening because...
  9. I cannot access the settings for the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access the settings for the Start menu: Hello everyone, This is pretty straightforward: I cannot access the settings for the start menu. When I do a right click on the task bar and then click on "properties", I should have a "Start menu" tab in the window. The problem is : I don't have that tab. Also, I don't...
  10. I cannot access any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access any settings: Hi, I was reading Brink's post on changing account pictures in Win 10 as I cannot change my account picture on my Dell Optiplex. Noticed: C:\Users\Public\Public Account Pictures\S-1-5-21.......(GUID for user account). I have read Brink's: How to Fix Manage "File does not...