Windows 10: I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon

Discus and support I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, everybody: Today I've working in upgrade an old PC. From de 1703 version to 1903 and finally, to the 1909 version. All via Windows Update. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Enrique, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Enrique Win User

I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon

Hello, everybody:
    Today I've working in upgrade an old PC. From de 1703 version to 1903 and finally, to the 1909 version. All via Windows Update.
    But when Igo to see the Notifications Center Icon, isn't there.
    Searchin' for (regedit) for the key "DisableNotificationsCenter", I've change the "1" for the "o" ones. Reboot the machine and all still the same. In the Configuration, the icon appears greyed. And I don't know how can to resolve this trouble.
    Thanks you all, in advance, por your help.
    The Windows version is the latest Windows Pro x64 + Upgrade the kb today.

:)

Enrique, Mar 26, 2020

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 26, 2020
  3. notification icon

Hi,

The notification area or action center is the message bubble icon located at the right side of your task bar. We recommend following these steps to turn this icon on:

• Right click on your task bar.
    • Select Settings.
    • Scroll down to Notification area.
    • Select Turn system icons on or off.
    • Click button parallel to the Action Center to turn it on.
    • Close the Settings page and check if the action center is already appearing.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 26, 2020
  4. I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon

Cannot display Notifications in Action Center after last WIN10 update

Hi Robert,

I completely missed this post!

Just wanted to know that I finally "woke up" the Action Center
    with the help of your last suggestion to change to "Tablet Mode".

This is what I did:

• Went to Settings > System > Tablet Mode
    • Changed default on sign-in from Use Desktop Mode to Tablet Mode.
    • Restarted my machine and logged back in to activate Tablet Mode.
    • Checked Notification Icon > lit with same 4 notifications displaying. Clicked and it opened!
    • Repeated Step 1 and changed from Tablet Mode to Use the Appropriate mode for my hardware.
    • Restarted machine and opened Action center in various ways (icon, WIN+A). All good!
    Now that it is working correctly, do you think it would be a good idea to Uninstall the 15063.540 Update? I do note that even after my Action Center Fix that to turn on Narrator, I hit WIN+Enter. CTRL+WIN+Enter does
    not work.

Appreciate all your help and suggestions!

Maureen

MaureenKilcoyne, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon

1. I cannot activate the Notifications Center icon - Similar Threads - cannot activate Notifications

2. Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box: There is no bell icon in the notification center, instead there is a vertical window box regardless of which mode it is, normal or do not disturb or if there is a new notification, it's always a vertical box. I have the latest updates on Windows 11....
  3. Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Center Icon is as a vertical window box: There is no bell icon in the notification center, instead there is a vertical window box regardless of which mode it is, normal or do not disturb or if there is a new notification, it's always a vertical box. I have the latest updates on Windows 11....
  4. notification center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  5. notification center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  6. Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.: Problem 1 - In the top right corner of my desktop, I have an Icon, that every time I reboot, log in, or refresh the desktop, it moves back to the left-hand side, where there is a space. Problem 2 - In the Notification Sidebar thing, the "Quick Actions" on the right are cut...
  7. Notification Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...
  8. activity center - notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    activity center - notifications: How do I enable them please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/activity-center-notifications/95e91b48-c6d0-4a7e-825b-07002d455d68
  9. The Notification Center icon needs to be red

in Windows 10 Support
    The Notification Center icon needs to be red: Right? Shouldn't it stand out more, like change to red, if you miss a notification? Changes from black to white just isn't enough imo 14007
  10. Sound Icon missing notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Icon missing notification center: Hello, yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not worked. In the enable windows icons page, the switch for the sound icon is grayed out. I cant change my volume so please...